• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Having just driven by it I've only noticed what look like white local workers. Even if they did appear to be of Mexican decent would that automatically make them illegal?

As I said, I don't think Tom Stein is Mexican or illegal. Even it I did think that Tom was a Mexican and illegal, would it still make me a racist? Careful where you step.

Now, back to the shovel-ready job of moving the post office.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm still trying to figure out why moving the Seaside P.O. to make room for band shell has your knickers in such a twist about shovels and Mexicans illegal bank accounts. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I could care less about them moving the post office, or Mexican's bank accounts. I was simply playing on Kurt's post about it being moved as part of the economic stimulus. Must be a new moon that has everyone's panties in a wad.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
reading all the notes i still don't know why they're moving it. what is a band shelf?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
They are moving it about fifteen feet toward the road to continue the retaining wall, in order to make the stage larger and to install a retractable canopy for the stage. It has nothing to do with Mexicans, stimulus package, or global warming... (I think).

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
there must be some logic to moving the building 15 ft closer to the road; rather than extending the band shell 15 ft in the other direction...can someone tell me what it is?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think moving the PO, and eliminating the "penisula" it was sitting on, will make the stage more visible/ accessible from all directions. I think the retractable canopy is going to be cool and make it possible to have even bigger better shows. Just my theory.:blink:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think moving the PO, and eliminating the "penisula" it was sitting on, will make the stage more visible/ accessible from all directions. I think the retractable canopy is going to be cool and make it possible to have even bigger better shows. Just my theory.:blink:

I'm assuming you meant peninsula? :funn::rotfl: