• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
It doesn't matter to me that he is leaving. I have not cared for him from day one. I instantly picked up on his arrogance. Even though they finished 7-6 this year that was not good enough. They let games slip away that they should have won. Anyway, now lets get a real coach please. :roll:

Its only 3 weeks to National Signing day, it is going to hurt.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
That's great news for Tennessee.

And you know what they say: you can't spell suck without usc. :D

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
someone told me today that they saw a billboard in knoxville that said

lane kiffin- cv tiger wood's hero. he screwed a city in less than 5 minutes.

not sure what the cv means but that's just what they told me.:dunno:maybe c'est la vie.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
What is Mike Hamilton and UT thinking by hiring Derek Dooley of La. Tech as the next football coach. He had a 5-7 record in 2007, a 8-5 record in 2008 and a pitiful 4-8 record in 2009, I cannot believe they have gone with a coach that is worse than Fulmer was and won't be able to compete with the SEC. I see nothing good of this situation. :blink:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
What was he thinking when he hired Kiffin? Take heart, Dooley is a big step up from Kiffin. Although I am surprised any SEC program would offer a job to a coach with a losing record, much less twice in a row.

Dooley is a desperation hire with three weeks left before signing day. It is very late in the game and most successful coaches will not leave their team this late. The first 5 or so coaches offered by UT turned them down. At that point they should have kept Brown as interim coach and gone after a big time coach next Fall.

The good news is that the NCAA's current investigation of UT because of Kiffin's transgressions will probably fade away. Still, Kiffin set the program back a few years.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
interesting article.

In February of 2009, just a few months after Lane Kiffin's tenure began at the University of Tennessee, Vols senior center Josh McNeil walked into the Neyland-Thompson sports complex on the university campus. He paused alongside the Vols 1998 national championship trophy and shook his head in disbelief.

"They'd replaced our highlight video from the past season with Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and Dwayne Jarrett from USC. I was like, 'Man, I know we were 5-7 last year, but this is Tennessee. Right beside our national title trophy? Come on, man.'"

Walking up the stairs, McNeil, a 6-foot-4 280 pound offensive lineman, says that all the televisions in the complex, at least 20, were tuned to still photos of stellar plays featuring USC athletes. In particular, McNeil paused in front of one photo of Reggie Bush diving into the end zone on a sunlit California field.

"I was thinking, 'Damn, Jamal Lewis went here. Travis Henry went here. It ain't like we never had any running backs of our own.''

Within a day the pictures and video were down, but the message had been sent. A new era had dawned in Knoxville.

Volunteer Sources Say Kiffin Never Embraced Tennessee -- NCAAFB FanHouse