• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
What kind of demand are you seeing for 2010 for your rentals? We are noticing a lot more inquiries and no demand for discounts. Our house is booking really well for the spring break and summer. Last year we got a lot more last minute rentals and everyone asked for a discount. If this is any indication, SoWal is going to be full this Spring and Summer.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Due to the horrible spring break schedules I think more families are foregoing the traditional week in spring and opting for a week or more during the summer when they can be a little more assured of warm temperatures.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
I'm with SWGB, i think we are seeing a huge stack on spring break and not spread out like last year, but the trade off seems to be solid pricing over the summer with less discounts going out. which is great news to my clients!:cool:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I have a home on vrbo and i got at least 70 in inquiries the past 3 weeks and 90% of them were for march13th-april 10th. i'd say at least 50% asked "whats your best price" or "are running any last minute specials ".this is my first yr on vrbo and what i've learned is if you have a nice home in a good area you will get your price if you're patient.i've had no requests for april 11th-may20th yet.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I have a home on vrbo and i got at least 70 in inquiries the past 3 weeks and 90% of them were for march13th-april 10th. i'd say at least 50% asked "whats your best price" or "are running any last minute specials ".this is my first yr on vrbo and what i've learned is if you have a nice home in a good area you will get your price if you'repatient.i've had no requests for april 11th-may20th yet.

I call this time period the calm before the storm- all spring breaks are over, but before Memorial Day!

So if anyone out there is trying to figure out a nice time to visit and school schedules are not a factor- this is one of the 2 best times of the year for nice weather but want to avoid the crowds!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I call this time period the calm before the storm- all spring breaks are over, but before Memorial Day!

So if anyone out there is trying to figure out a nice time to visit and school schedules are not a factor- this is one of the 2 best times of the year for nice weather but want to avoid the crowds!

True that - everyone around here is usually relieved the first wave was a success and standing tall for Summer.