• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Thanks Beach Runner! After staying in the same house for years, we are needing to find something smaller and less expensive this year. I have been spoiled by the house we have rented in the past, so I am doing a ton of research to find the next perfect house.

I would like to stay in the area by Grove by the Sea, but feel that if we get too far back in the subdivision it will feel like we really are not at the beach. I want to be able to at least see the beach from the tower room; otherwise I could just stay home and go to the pool in my own subdivision!

Summer's Edge while not exactly as far west as I like, might fit the bill if I can find a house I like, for the price I like. I have also looked at Watercolor, but for the price you pay there, you would think you could be closer to the beach. Love the houses in Watercolor, just not the price for the closer sections.

There is a house down the street from ours called "Lucky Enough" that is a one story, fairly new house that might work for you. You can't see the ocean, but you could probably hear it and it's easy to walk to. I think it has a private pool. It's on Hickory Street, just to the east of Seaside. A very easy walk to the beach or to Seaside, without the Seaside crowds. I've never been inside the house, so I don't know how many bedrooms, etc. It's not in a community with a community pool, so not sure if it fits your criteria.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
I know Hickory Street and took a look at the house. Not exactly what I am looking for, but I appreciate you telling me about it.

My husband would tell you I am a bit anal about my rental, but I am always on the look out for the perfect house, perfect location and perfect price. As my "children" have gotten older, they have thoughts about what they want in a house along with what my husband and I want. The kids are in their 20's so the homes with bunkbeds are of no interest to them, especially when they are 6 feet tall :D Sometimes they have friends join us for a few days, so I like to have real beds for them to sleep in if possible, of course they don't care as a free beach stay is a treat for them.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Thanks Beach Runner! After staying in the same house for years, we are needing to find something smaller and less expensive this year. I have been spoiled by the house we have rented in the past, so I am doing a ton of research to find the next perfect house.

I would like to stay in the area by Grove by the Sea, but feel that if we get too far back in the subdivision it will feel like we really are not at the beach. I want to be able to at least see the beach from the tower room; otherwise I could just stay home and go to the pool in my own subdivision!

Summer's Edge while not exactly as far west as I like, might fit the bill if I can find a house I like, for the price I like. I have also looked at Watercolor, but for the price you pay there, you would think you could be closer to the beach. Love the houses in Watercolor, just not the price for the closer sections.

I love Grove by the Sea, but since you go down hill from 30A as you enter the subdivision, isn't it pretty hard to find a house from which you can see the beach?

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
a good resource for you Pokey

Pokey, you might check out www.beachseekers.com
as they have many of the Summer's Edge rentals and can readily tell you where a house is located within the neighborhood (and in relation to pools, etc)

What streets are actually a part of Summer's Edge? I know N. Ryan and people always mention Chelsea Loop; what are the other streets?

I would also like to know where the pools are located within the subdivision. Just trying to figure out how close some houses I am looking at are to the pools and beach.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
STL Don- I have only driven through Grove by the Sea once, but I don't remember it being downhill from 30-A. When I say I would at least like to see the ocean, I just want to see the horizon; at least something to let me know I am really at the beach!

pk305- Yes, I found beachseeker after I first posted and they seems to have a good many houses. I was able to see a picture of Ryan Street on their site and they give actual street addresses which allows me to see how close to the beach they are.