• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
i made a big batch of goetta, and am out of space in the fridge for some of it as of tomorrow when i pick up the turkey. i have 3 tubs that will have to go - it freezes really well. i can drop it off to anywhere in the near-30A area when i am off on errands. YUMMMY breakfast on Christmas morning!! let me know - send a pm.

fired up - i know YOU want it!! :D

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Dang, I just now saw this!

did you get my email/pm about your worthmore soup? i am not going to be back until march 15, but my husband will be back on feb 6 and could get some to you. how much do you want?? also - i have a GREAT recipe for mock turtle given to me by our high school head cook (always a great resource). i can print that out for you if you like. finally, although i disposed of the goetta in december, it is EASY EASY EASY to make in a crockpot, believe it or not. the key is to use dorsel's pinhead oatmeal, only available in the greater cincinnati area. the recipe is actually on the bag. i can include that with your soup if you want. just let me know. when i move down to seagrove for good, i am going to have to have someone ship these necessities to me. and papas opera creams. and frisch's tartar sauce. yikes. :D

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
I did get your PM and I responded to you. You are so kind. Would love to have the Mock turtle soup and goetta recipe. Please bring 2 or 3 cans of the soup in March.

Thanks!

Ray

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I tried it!

i made a big batch of goetta, and am out of space in the fridge for some of it as of tomorrow when i pick up the turkey. i have 3 tubs that will have to go - it freezes really well. i can drop it off to anywhere in the near-30A area when i am off on errands. YUMMMY breakfast on Christmas morning!! let me know - send a pm.

fired up - i know YOU want it!! :D
Not bad, though it is not really pretty to look at. Sort of a sausage loaf. I guess we all love the particular foods that remind us of home. I craved grits when I lived "up north". Maybe you can order the special oats online. Hows about a chili receipe? That's my fav Cincinatti speciality!

Last edited:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Not bad, though it is not really pretty to look at. Sort of a sausage loaf. I guess we all love the particular foods that remind us of home. I craved grits when I lived "up north". Maybe you can order the special oats online. Hows about a chili receipe? That's my fav Cincinatti speciality!

tim will be down on sunday (alas! i will be here!!) and he will have 2 jars of the special skyline chili starter for you. yummmmmmmm. i can also print out my scratch recipe - lots of ingredients, but oh so good!! :D

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
if'n I was to get me some goette, what would i a gotta?

well, sort of like Amish scrapple, sort of like Scottish haggis (but not as yucky). if it was possible to have breakfast sausage meatloaf, this would be it. when it is cold, you slice it thin and brown it in a skillet with a little butter or bacon fat. serve with eggs and toast. it is peculiar to the german community in cincinnati, with some scottish pioneer influence apparently.