• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If LSV's are so GD great for the environment then why oh why don't the manufacturer's include a solar panel on the roof and perhaps a solar based charging station?

It's a shame that robertsondavies won't be able to bring his "unique" perspective to the meeting since he would have to use 98 and his LSV wouldn't be legal there.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
If LSV's are so GD great for the environment then why oh why don't the manufacturer's include a solar panel on the roof and perhaps a solar based charging station?

It's a shame that robertsondavies won't be able to bring his "unique" perspective to the meeting since he would have to use 98 and his LSV wouldn't be legal there.

dude, smoke a bowl and relax. I happen to support LSV's on balance, and I know you therefore hate me, half your neighbors and whoever is proposing to expand their use a bit on 30a (i have no idea who that group is) You really should put your vision down on paper, of 30a as an industrialized efficient thoroughfare of unrelated but loosely connected resort pods, and March on Tallahassee. If you make it past the Appalachicola river with that chip on your shoulder, don't let your legs tire. Drive on GB..... you must defeat any small step that is "better" for the environment, with your eloquent logic of "why no solar panels" if so GD good. Let's roll back federal advances on MPG efficiency standards too while we're at it. If 29 MilesP Gal. is so GD great for the environent, then SWGB says "why aint their solar panels on it"

Are you Karl Rove's alter ego?

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Hopefully the meeting attendees will bring better attitudes than yours to this important gathering. I am sure many SUV drivers are like me- bought them when there was little discussion and education about energy conservation, and an huge emphasis on having lots of room to safely haul around kids, their friends, the dogs, and the gear. I still have the kids, the friends, the dogs, the gear, and a car that is almost paid off. When it is time to buy the next car, there are better choices available than when we car shopped five years ago. As far as status symbols go, I wouldn't know about those, since we are not status symbol people.

We need to work together to protect our beach, and getting all snarky about the cars driven by the people attending this meeting is not helpful. Local businesses should be thankful for every single local and visitor who attend this meeting and the Hands Across the Sand event, no matter what car they drive, to learn how too protect our tourism economy by protecting our beach- and in turn making sure you and other local restaurants and businesses can stay in business.

Well put,

Now heres my input.
My attitude is just fine. And I have hardly gotten all snarky yet.
Apparently I have struck a nerve, and why is that?

Listen if you felt that I personally attacked you, then by all means I apologize. I did not originally write my post with the intention of attacking you.
Now in your reply you said we need to all work together
to protect our beaches. I fully agree! And I personally believe that
this is something that needs to be examined again, and again, and again till the point is taken.
This is something that we have all seen, one person in a huge SUV with one bag of groceries. Now, there are people out there who actually and truly need them and thats what they are there for, rock on, thats great but more often than not thats not the case.

I love our beaches, and I dont want to see them ruined.
The economy to our area is just as important to me as it is you,
Now with this being said everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
these are mine and I make no apologies for them, with the exception of
apologizing to you.

I just get tired of hearing the cry but not seeing the action.

Now you may come back and say whatever you wish. Im done here.
Im moving on. I refuse to have a battle of the wits, ideals, or thoughts, via a keyboard, and screen.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I'll say this as succinctly as I can. Drilling for oil off the white sand beaches of Florida is a BAD IDEA!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
May I make a suggestion for those needing parking to attend "Hands Across The Sand". We will open our parking lot for people to park and use our access to the beach as our guests for the period of the event. It is Sea Bluff on 30A. I further suggest that private owners or condominium owners who believe in this project do the same thing in their areas. Just a thought since beach access parking is so limited.

This is a great idea Andy.

WaltonIsOne

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2009
Walton County, FL
"Study says military missions, oil drilling can coexist in the gulf" - Read this Article in last weeks Sun.

Study says military missions, oil drilling can coexist in the gulf (DOCUMENT) | study, military, missions - Local News - WaltonSun.com

Well, it seems that oil drilling rigs can co-exist with the "chum fields" that R. Shaffer speaks of in the Sun. Gulf drilling has nothing on beach bombing | nothing, beach, well - Local News - WaltonSun.com

It seems we all should thank R. Shaffer for his articles in the Sun since November as it seems that the PR generated for Hands Across the Sand has been great !!!!! Someone should send a letter to the Editor of the Sun thanking Shaffer for his contribution to the event.

I hope the weather is nice on the 13th. See Y'all there.

"Citizens are stronger when they stick together" (quote from WaltonIsOne)

Last edited:

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Hopefully the meeting attendees will bring better attitudes than yours to this important gathering. I am sure many SUV drivers are like me- bought them when there was little discussion and education about energy conservation, and an huge emphasis on having lots of room to safely haul around kids, their friends, the dogs, and the gear. I still have the kids, the friends, the dogs, the gear, and a car that is almost paid off. When it is time to buy the next car, there are better choices available than when we car shopped five years ago. As far as status symbols go, I wouldn't know about those, since we are not status symbol people.

We need to work together to protect our beach, and getting all snarky about the cars driven by the people attending this meeting is not helpful. Local businesses should be thankful for every single local and visitor who attend this meeting and the Hands Across the Sand event, no matter what car they drive, to learn how too protect our tourism economy by protecting our beach- and in turn making sure you and other local restaurants and businesses can stay in business.

And also, I know in my last post I said I was done with this and nothing more to say, however,...............

It has come to my attention that some people on here think I own a restaurant.
LET ME BE 1000% CRYSTAL CLEAR. I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.
I do not own a restaurant. You do not need to be harboring any ill
will towards a specific restaurant owner. Said owner has nothing to
do with the comments made here by me.

Now, I am finished with this post. Good will and good luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.