• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Maybe. A guy claims to have smoking gun photos taken in a swamp in north Louisiana. Several university ornithologists supposedly are vouching for the authenticity. Stay tuned and keep your eyes open, we may have a few in this area!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Maybe. A guy claims to have smoking gun photos taken in a swamp in north Louisiana. Several university ornithologists supposedly are vouching for the authenticity. Stay tuned and keep your eyes open, we may have a few in this area!

You going for the $50,000 reward? :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I remember a guy found one where the new airport is going in. Of course he had no proof.

puglet

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2010
Saw one 8 years ago in Old Seagrove. I am certain it was an Ivory Billed. Been studying birds for 30 years.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Woodies

15 years ago off Don Bishop Road at the Turtle Hole you would see them all the time. As the years have passed less and less. I has been years now since I last saw one.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

Got a link to the story?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

The list of academics is interesting. I expected to find Cornell on there, after their intensive, if blunt, search in Arkansas. No mention of Auburn, though, who have made IMHO a much more effective search of the Choctawhatchee basin, with sightings, discovery of foraging signs, and audio recordings that they are holding in reserve awaiting even more concrete evidence. And Jerome Jackson is one of the chief skeptics, insisting the bird is extinct.

I figure the skeptics won't believe it until some fool shoots the poor bird and brings it back. :bang: