• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
University of Florida News - UF surgeons, research biologists create scale to grade shark bite severity

Hope you didn't get a level V.
...compiling the total score using the SIT assessment indicates the level of bite severity as outlined in the newly created five-level grading system. ?If it?s just an extremity and it?s an abrasion, it?s just a Level I injury,? Lentz said. ?If a shark comes up and takes a big bite out of a thigh and takes out the femoral artery, then that?s a life-ending bite ? pretty quickly ? and you are talking about a Level V injury.?...

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Ah, come on... It was just a little nip! :lol:

:shark:

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
My brother got bit when we were younger. It was probably a 1, but we told the story like it was at least a 3.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I successfully wore beef underwear into the Gulf without getting even a nibble.

Captain Larry

SoWal.com Featured Blogger
Mar 21, 2006
Eastern Lake
"Somedays you eat the Shark, Somedays the Shark eats you"

Old fishhead proverb

I would think that any interaction that draws blood would be called at least a 3 by the one doing the bleeding

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I know someone who had a shark pass by them about 30 feet away in the gulf and several years later it is still related as a level 3.

In case you were wondering where the term "jump the shark" comes from.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE"]YouTube- Fonzie jumps the shark[/ame]