• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
ZBB Takes Center Stage this Sunday Night at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards
LIVE from the Staples Center

ZBB is Los Angeles bound to make their first appearance PERFORMING LIVE at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards this Sunday night! The band is up for THREE awards including Best New Artist, Best Country Group/Duo and Best Country Album.

Tune in Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, to CBS from 8?11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Don't miss this once in a lifetime performance!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
As I was shopping for a ringtone for my phone, they list the Hottest Selling Ringtones......"Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band is #3 on the list. :clap:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
http://music.msn.com/grammy/who-will-get-the-grammy-2/story/feature/Best New Artist

Zac Brown Band
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silversun Pickups
The Ting Tings

The scoop: There's an elephant in the room and its name is Lady GaGa. Because her first hit, "Just Dance," was previously nominated for a Grammy, she is ineligible for consideration this year as a Best New Artist contender. Rarely has there been a year in which there was such a clear front-runner, and what happens? She's not in the running. Additionally, Phoenix, who broke through in a huge way in 2009, was not eligible because they have released four albums and the cutoff for Best New Artist is three. That's not meant to denigrate any of the five nominees here (although we really don't understand what the Ting Tings are doing here this year; last year seems more logical). This award has rarely gone to a country artist (the only two are LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood), but Zac Brown Band is the clear front-runner here. The group, whose major label debut, "The Foundation," has sold close to 1.5 million copies, more than three times the amount of "In a Perfect World" from Hilson, ZBB's closest competitor. Additionally, ZBB is likely to snare the majority of votes from the country community as will Hilson from the R&B genre, while MGMT, Silversun Pickups and Ting Tings will split the alternative rock vote.

The Grammy goes to: Zac Brown Band

Let's hope they're prediction is right on! :clap:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Congratulations to the band for winning Best New Artist at the Grammies, Yahoo :clap: