• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Don't worry about all the traffic. Our commissioners will do a traffic study and it will be decided for all of us that the increased traffic won't be an issue. Yea, right!!!!!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I remember Fudpucker's when it was located on Eastern Lake in the Eastern Lake Estates area. Chester did a good job, knows the local milieu and will probably blend this store in as well as anything else. Wonder if he's going to provide shops or retail space for local artists, etc.? Change is interesting when viewed from different perspectives or from narrow or broad time frames.

longhorn

Beach Crab
Feb 1, 2010
I worked for Chester when he had the old bayou Ann's location. We had a great time opening it and setting it up. It was not like the one in Destin. He wanted to bring something different to 30A. He wanted to express a totally different Fuds then Destin. He gave everyone a chance to join the team from the old Bayou Ann's Staff . It wasn't easy opening a new place with a different name . He had a love for that place. It was sad when we had to close. I hope you all give him a chance because he loves 30A. Good Luck Chester!!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Its funny how everyone doesnt want 30 A to be like Destin and PCB when most of you are the ones to blame for it. Ive lived in Inlet Beach for 50 years in 4 different houses and remember when nobody lived on 30A. Now the people that come here in droves complain about progress. We have always envisioned the day FWB to PCB was one big city. PCB and FWB are the only towns around with true locals thats why they have better bars. Hardly anybody that works on 30A lives there. Everybody migrates in and then complains. True locals have always loved Seaside and the Red Bar and think the rest is a bunch of crap. I live 2 blocks from Rosemary and will never understand the attraction of that place. Complain about going to PCB and Destin but dont want a Walmart. For Sowal to be the perfect place to live you need to have everything with no need to go anywhere else, therefore bring on Walmart.

Your complaint about complaining is noted.

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
I'm sure that I will not stop FudPuckers from succeeding in SoWal.

That said, I fail to see how a new restaurant opening in SoWal will create more jobs. From my point of view (very limited), I see a fixed number of diners in SoWal in a given year. That may grow, but not due to the number of restaurants. A new restaurant such as Fud's will pull business from other existing restaurants. So, while it may seem like Fud's will be creating new jobs, in a sense, they will be taking income from employees working at other restaurants, which may lead to less staff on a given shift.

I am very much in favor of choices, and the successful businesses will prosper and the poor ones typically close shop. That is a good thing. I just don't like tackiness mixed with mass dining -- reminds of places like Gatlinburg, TN and Helen, GA.

By the way, my thoughts on the comment about it being on hwy 98 -- "so what:"
Just wait until hwy 98 is filled with traffic lights and bumber to bumper traffic. It may not be bad today, but eventually, Hwy 98 will likely be seasonally busy and much slower to navigate. Walmarts mixing with Bald Eagles and Black Bears -- just doesn't work for me, but hey, Walmart is "successful," if you care about only numbers on a piece of paper. I care about much more.

So you don't like tackiness. Does that mean we should not have the Red Bar too? Beauty (and fun ) is in the eye of the beholder.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So you don't like tackiness. Does that mean we should not have the Red Bar too? Beauty (and fun ) is in the eye of the beholder.

Where in any of my posts on this thread have I used the word, "tackiness," or any form of the word, "tacky?" If you are going to quote me, at least get it right. ;-)

I did use the word, "gimmicky" because the Fuds in Destin has a gimmick -- alligator pit for the kids to watch while waiting in line.

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
I am very much in favor of choices, and the successful businesses will prosper and the poor ones typically close shop. That is a good thing. I just don't like tackiness mixed with mass dining -- reminds of places like Gatlinburg, TN and Helen, GA.

See above!

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
We loved the old Fud's in Fort Walton Beach, we loved it when it was at Old Florida Fish House, hated to see it go actually and always found it more fun than "tacky." Like our area it is unique. Our granchildren and children always love dinner at Fud's. We will be there!