• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
African Rosewood, Zebrawood, Box Elder or Curly Maple - i.e. exotic woods.

If anyone knows of a source, please let me know. Thank you in advance~~~~~

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Probably have a better chance in Atlanta, but I would google saw mill or salvage wood.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Thank you, SWGB. I've called several - need finished product right now.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Ah, sorry I read raw edge wrong. Can't help you there, but you might try the following businesses that are looking for cash:

Mortgage Brokers
Real Estate offices
Bankers
Builders
Developers

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Actually, if you have a table saw and cool tool belt, am thinking of building one. I found some raw slabs that will finish beautifully.

And, you are reading my mind; am hoping some of these professionals you've listed might contact me with one they are trying to unload!

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
There are many providers of hardwood lumber depending on your area. Do a web search in your area for Hardwood Lumber. You can also check with mill-work shops in your area.

The lumber provider will have the wood slabs as well as mill-work shop that can turn the slabs into what you need to it for your specific application.

Many, but not all, exotics are harvested in responsible ways. You check your source to make sure the lumber was responsibly harvested.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
The ones I found are harvested naturally and quickly to prevent insect infestation or the beginnings of rot, which can actually be beautiful in some woods. But the African Rosewood slabs I found stand about 20-30' tall, which is too big, thus I need a table saw if this is a personal project. Thank you bdarg!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
A local custom cabinet manufacturer would probably be your best bet and would most likely know where to get the wood.

gordonfan

Beach Comber
Apr 11, 2008
Bruner Lumber Co. on Highway 20 East in Bruce might be a place to check. 835-4833 Adlee Bruner is the owner. Also Classic Woodcraft on Highway 90 West in DeFuniak. 951-2922 Craig Caudill from Freeport is the owner. Both guys are local - born & raised in Walton County. Check with them,,,,they may be able to help you out!