• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kks0809

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2008
Road crew had traffic down to one lane on NORTH side of bridge this morning....that may be problem but can't say for sure....traffic was getting backed up then

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They had the light-up road sign saying that there would be lane closures starting this week - I am assuming that is what this is since noone has mentioned sirens or an accident. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Most likely it is the construction. It was backed up this morning, and they have big signs noting the work being done, which were posted more than a week ago. Expect alternating one way traffic for the next week or so.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
Sounds like it was just the construction but it was so bad, only about 1-2 cars were able to turn left when the light was green. I was coming from the West, and ended up driving all the way to hwy 79 to get to Black Creek.

My husband is trying to come North now and it is still not moving (at 6:30). He just turned his car off :blink: If anyone took this route home, how long did it take? Wondering if we should start taking 79 until the constuction is through....

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
the paint truck was in the Eastbound turn lanes around noon. Possibly finishing up the actual lanes before opening?

They're laying the final friction coat of asphalt on the project. Working at night so's not to tie up traffic too much. I waited on top of the bridge about 15 minutes coming home from DFS from a meeting at 7:30 this evening. They had about 10 dumps filled with asphalt leading the spreader, with the rollers following closely behind. They'll be done soon at the rate they seemed to be working. After the asphalt is laid, they'll have to come back in again to restripe; then clean up the edges, and we have a new 4-lane segment of U.S. 331.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Another reason I'm glad I don't live in Bay County anymore. They would have scheduled this for Memorial Day Weekend.