• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I think they are just closed for the season. All three of the Hartley places (Market, George's, and Cocina) are closed for the winter. I guess we'll see whether the Market reopens in March.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
open Seagrove Market

pretty sure they have re-opened.....they were closed for most of January....located on Hwy 395 (on the left) just before you get to
Hwy 30a

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
on the right

oops....correction to my previous post....Seagrove market is on the right if you are on 395 heading south

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
oops....correction to my previous post....Seagrove market is on the right if you are on 395 heading south

there is a backhoe (and other equipment) in front, some of the property is cleared, there is a construction office/trailer in place, and the market looks like it's cleaned out. we thought that maybe construction is starting on viridian finally. and since employees at the market had told us in the past that they may operate from another location during construction, we thought that someone on sowal might know if this is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
there is a backhoe (and other equipment) in front, some of the property is cleared, there is a construction office/trailer in place, and the market looks like it's cleaned out. we thought that maybe construction is starting on viridian finally. and since employees at the market had told us in the past that they may operate from another location during construction, we thought that someone on sowal might know if this is the case.

That's correct, they are plowing down a sowal landmark for some ultra modern monstrosity.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
A few weeks ago I received an email from Ann Hartley about a job fair they were holding for all their restaurants, Seagrove Village Market included. Here is a quote from the email: "Seagrove Village MarketCafe has had a mini face lift and yes, we?ll be here ~ same spot for along time, if not forever! We have included in Seagrove?s menu, La Cocina?s fabulous salad and are offering now a ?Southern Burger? and a ? Seagrove Beach ? (grilled pimento cheese with lettuce and pickles) ~ to die/live for!"

I haven't checked it out for myself, but it sounds like they have or will reopen soon. They were hoping for February 11th. I noticed that they were building on to the back deck of the place too. I also saw last week that the old bank/church building next door was filled with beach stuff and it looked like it was going to be a store?