• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I just got off the phone with Kim. She asked me to think about a place to have a memorial for Jason (not a funeral). I am not able to write much more right now. Just thought maybe some of you folks may be able to brainstorm on a memorial spot. I think something in doors since it is so cold. Thank you. So sorry for everyone and my heart is in pieces after speaking to Kim.

thank you so much for letting us know about Jason. Please let us know the arrangements.

My heart goes out to Jason's mom and all his loving friends who have held him close in their hearts and provided him comfort, in many ways over the last year.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I am very sorry to hear this. From everything that has been shared about him, he must have been a wonderful young man.

So very hard to lose a child, regardless of their age. My prayers and sympathy to his family and his friends.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
R.i.p. Jason thompson

A truly AWESOME person, who helped us see unselfishness, excitement, passion, caring, and love in our community and in humanity.

I am truly, deeply sad,.......but relieved his suffering is over.

I will miss him, and will never forget him and the lessons he taught us all in the way he lived his life.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Though most of us believe in an afterlife and eternity with God and our loved ones, it is impossible not to mourn the huge, gaping void when the physical presence of our loved one is no longer there. And even more painful when loving, generous souls exit this world at such a young age, leaving young familes behind. My thoughts and prayers are with Jason's loved ones, who I'm sure are grieving beyond measure tonight. May your memories of Jason and your faith in God provide you some small measure of solace in your loss.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
To Jason's family: Please know that there are a lot of us out here who have been following his progress and have had all of you in our prayers. For what it's worth I don't think anybody "dies." Miss Critter said it well. One of my sisters lost her 20 year old son a few years ago. I kept telling her to keep putting one foot in front of the other and hopefully time would heal. I wasn't in her shoes and it is never that simple. Be kind to yourselves. Sending all my sympathy and love to all of your family and all of Jason's friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

doGooD

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
We are planning a memorial for Jason but I do not have the details together yet. I am sure we will need help. By Sunday afternoon we should have the location and we will post more information then. Jason's brother arrived safely in Jacksonville today (from Michigan).