• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
SJ is right. My daughter has an Australian Shepherd and he herds his toys.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
I am the proud owner of four shelter rescue dogs. My niece is in the throes of choosing between a labradoodle and a Black Russian Terrier. Any folks her have any experience with those breeds or any advice. She is a young mother of two young children. thanks ya'll

Bravo for your rescues! I would love to help find your niece the perfect rescue dog if she is willing to open her heart and home to the idea.

index.htm
850-880-6399

BeachBebe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
I've never owned either, just have a friend who bought a very expensive labradoodle for her son, 5-6 years old. After a month she was going crazy. It had so much energy. She took it to obedience school and took it on long walks. She could never get it totally potty trained. She ended up selling it to another person who wanted one. I know of people that love them and they have had no problem.....so I think it depends on the person themself and what they are willing to go through to get past the puppy/teenage stage.

One labradoodle in our extended family. Way more energy and strength of will than any dog ever in our family. Cute as pie, and quite a comic, but a hand full.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Through my families experience with dogs we have found that sex of the animal can be as much of a factor as breed. Females tend to be more "pact" oriented and do well with children. Males tend to be more adventurous and territorial. But I agree with above post in that almost any dog can be nurtured in a manner that reinforces desired traits and reduces undesireable traits.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I've had three very loving mutts that all lived to be over 16. I recently got a pure breed English Bulldog. He is great, was easily house trained and travels well. They have a great demeanor too I would recommend the breed to anyone.