• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Support your new neighbor, borrow a sig pic. Or maybe you'll take your own pic - there are more quotes available.

chans.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9581/chans.jpg

chans2.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5831/chans2.jpg

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Some of my favorites ( I have learned SO much about cheeses)
St Agur: A creamy bleu cheese that melts in your mouth
Aged Gouda: aged 2 years and has a buttery, nutty caramel flavor
Epoisse: A creamy and "stinky" cheese that I adore
Cambazola: another bleu which is tangier than St Agur
Piave: Much like a parmesan
Mobier: an ash veined washed rind cheese
Taleggio: an Italian cheese, soft washed rind somewhat salty and nutty
Cotswold cheddar: combines chives and garlic...great with red wine or beer

It is fun for me, as a chef, to have all the cheeses in our cheese counter at my disposal! I love coming up with special dishes which incorporate our cheeses and meats. Our Ultimate Cheese Panini will have cotswold, prima donna (much like the aged gouda, but softer)) and fontina cheese (an Italian cheese somewhat mild in flavor) I think it will be a favorite along 30A

There are so many others!
We do offer you to sample a cheese before you buy it, chanches are you will buy everything you sample :D

I can attest. I ended up with four the last time you let me sample. :love:
You've mentioned a couple of my very favorites. Can't wait to get there and have some more. I know I could get them here somewhere, but they just don't taste quite as good here. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I just stopped by Watercolor Chan's-- really really really special and perfect for that space. :clap:

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
NEWS FLASH FROM CHAN'S WINE WORLD @ WATERCOLOR!!!
From your correspondent on the street... First to get to a keyboard and able to type!
Here's the latest....
Chan and general manager Tim seen tonight, appearing dismayed, speaking in hushed tones about hiring some bouncers due to turnout of SoWallers at the wine bar.... Loud wine glass toasts said to have attracted the attention of authorities responsible for enforcing noise ordinance in South Walton.... Boisterous revelry said to have been responsible for other wine tasters losing their wine "legs" in glasses, negatively impacting the tasting experience....
~~~~
Chef Allifunn triumphant, exhausted.... Ready for food service to begin Monday....
~~~~~
Golfer Annika said to be hosted tomorrow, likely to snarf cheeses with NBC execs..... Hope they leave some crottins (or, "goat droppings," as Mr TA says) for the rest of us.....
~~~~
Sean Peyton, in for cheeses earlier, alleged to be scared away by SoWal presence this evening, searching for fast food franchises said to be rampant in area ....
~~~~
Scoop THAT, Deborah Wheeler....

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
NEWS FLASH FROM CHAN'S WINE WORLD @ WATERCOLOR!!!
From your correspondent on the street... First to get to a keyboard and able to type!
Here's the latest....
Chan and general manager Tim seen tonight, appearing dismayed, speaking in hushed tones about hiring some bouncers due to turnout of SoWallers at the wine bar.... Loud wine glass toasts said to have attracted the attention of authorities responsible for enforcing noise ordinance in South Walton.... Boisterous revelry said to have been responsible for other wine tasters losing their wine "legs" in glasses, negatively impacting the tasting experience....
~~~~
Chef Allifunn triumphant, exhausted.... Ready for food service to begin Monday....
~~~~~
Golfer Annika said to be hosted tomorrow, likely to snarf cheeses with NBC execs..... Hope they leave some crottins (or, "goat droppings," as Mr TA says) for the rest of us.....
~~~~
Sean Peyton, in for cheeses earlier, alleged to be scared away by SoWal presence this evening, searching for fast food franchises said to be rampant in area ....
~~~~
Scoop THAT, Deborah Wheeler....

:clap:You just made my night!!!!:clap:

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
:clap:You just made my night!!!!:clap:

Glam SoWallers in beauteous locations... de rigueur...
Jes' the responsibility of the Fourth Estate, ma'am. Glad to be of service.

:roll: