• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bepinkston

Beach Comber
Jul 23, 2009
up on the bay
Fine Friday to you all,

Is there good Mexican food to be found on 30A?

I've been craving the delicious Mexican food of Athens, GA (where I've recently moved from) and it's Friday...so I'm going to find some...

Assuming you guys let me in on the secret.

Where is the Mexican foooooood?!

-bobbi

:dunno:

bepinkston

Beach Comber
Jul 23, 2009
up on the bay
Thanks?

I'm well aware of what 30A is known for.

I satisfied my craving, but would still love to hear recommendations!

happy weekend!

bobbi

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Fine Friday to you all,

I've been craving the delicious Mexican food of Athens, GA (where I've recently moved from) and it's Friday...so I'm going to find some...

-bobbi

Hi Bobbi - La Cocina and Bud & Alley's Taco Bar is the only mexican food on 30A. There are a few others in SoWal:
La Mercadito by the post office on 98 has a cafe in back and is quite good, and another grocery with food a bit west of there at Piper's Landing.
Cantina Laredo in Grand Boulevard (tex mex).
Don Pedro's west of the post office on 98.
Fajitas is opening soon in the plaza just west of Holiday Road (used to be another mexican place there).

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I remember a few months ago there was talk of Pepito's coming to the new Publix plaza. Any word on that?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Fine Friday to you all,

-bobbi

Why someone in the business refuses to open a good Mexican and/or Tex-Mex place on 30-A is beyond me. You might try the Taco Bar in Seaside. They certainly have the best margaritas in the area. Very good salsa and guacamole. Some of the tacos hit, some miss. I am a fan of the burritos. Don't expect overflowing plates of food ala the typical Tex-Mex outfits, I think the concept mimics walk up taco stands one might encounter along the Pacific coast.

downtown

Beach Comber
Aug 28, 2009
Seagrove Coyote

Why someone in the business refuses to open a good Mexican and/or Tex-Mex place on 30-A is beyond me. You might try the Taco Bar in Seaside. They certainly have the best margaritas in the area. Very good salsa and guacamole. Some of the tacos hit, some miss. I am a fan of the burritos. Don't expect overflowing plates of food ala the typical Tex-Mex outfits, I think the concept mimics walk up taco stands one might encounter along the Pacific coast.
Seagrove Coyote (850-231-0716) has great burritos and tacos. They also serve breakfast with chilequiles, huevos rancheros, etc. Guacamole is great and they have 6 signature salsas, including a poblano goat cheese salsa. They are in Grande Isle Shopping center in Seagrove, next to salon Twist.