• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Don't get me wrong, I love a little sweet in my dressing, but I'm thinking I need to switch to honey, like sb said.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
I have a great recipe at home and we are using it for Jancy's wedding. I'll send it to you. We tested it Sunday as a test run and it is awesome.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Don't get me wrong, I love a little sweet in my dressing, but I'm thinking I need to switch to honey, like sb said.

I love to make your basic italian dressing such as olive oil, balsamic, a crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper - and a dash of sugar. maybe a tsp of dry mustard or dijon. when you toss the basic green salad with tomato and zuchinni and not much else, add chopped/toasted pine nuts and parmesan slivers.

I'm telling you though - Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing in the package is hard to beat, using olive oil and white wine vinegar, and a pinch of sugar.

My personal fave that I usually make:
start with base of 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
mash in a few pinches of sea salt
I usually end up putting these in a small processor to blend well.. then add:
white wine vinegar or white wine balsamic vinegar
olive oil
honey OR honey mustard OR sugar OR maple syrup - something to balance the sea salt.
blend well in little processor.

there is something about the garlic/seasalt base that is delicious and you can do a new twist to it every time.

Last edited: