• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
I am moving to the area and have hundreds of hardback fiction books. I am wondering if there is anyone in the area of SoWal that buys books. I am having a big garage sale here, but if I don't sell them I am going to bring them with me, but really don't have room to keep them. They are in excellent condition. Thanks for your help.

ricklys

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Hi, if you end up bringing those books with you I suggest donating them to the Friends of the Coastal Branch Library. We have used book sales 3 times a year to help support our library, which lost it's funding for books and materials due to the terrible economy. We sell the hardbacks for 1$ and paperbacks for 50 cents. There may also be something that you have that the library would like to put into their collection. Our next sale in is May of this year. They can be dropped off at the library, which is located on Greenway Trail, just off 331, near the courthhouse. BTW - WELCOME!

:welcome:

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I can think of at least one used book store in Ft. Walton on US 98 and another in Niceville on John Sims, though I don't know if they give cash or just credit.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Thanks. having a garage sale next weekend. Today I counted the books and I have 600 +. Way too many to bring. What I do not sell, I may donate to the library if I don't have too many to take with me. I am not the one doing the moving so I don't want to kill the mover. I had no idea I had that many and I read all of them. I have no room for them over there though but will try to bring what I can for the library and will contact you when I get there. Thanks everybody.

Shakespeare

Beach Comber
Mar 3, 2010
Hi Heartbren:
Do you have Faulkner, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, or Chekhov? I'd pay you for the books and take you to Starbucks. I appreciate your generosity of time and labor.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Books

I may have Faulkner, but I am not sure. I don't have the others though. Any other authors you may want? I have to go find the box with the F's in it and will let you know. I will be going through the books today to set up for the garage sale I am having next weekend so let me know if you would like me to look for any others. I have 600+ books so there are many authors. Most are fiction and mysteries, but I have a little of some other types to. I have some self help books, but not many. Let me know. Where do you live in the area? Just curious since I need to make some friends and obviously like myself you are a person that loves books. It is so hard for me to let go of them, but I just don't have room for them. Look forward to hearing from you again and I'll let you know just as soon as I can. Brenda

Hi Heartbren:
Do you have Faulkner, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, or Chekhov? I'd pay you for the books and take you to Starbucks. I appreciate your generosity of time and labor.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
I may have Faulkner, but I am not sure. I don't have the others though. Any other authors you may want? I have to go find the box with the F's in it and will let you know. I will be going through the books today to set up for the garage sale I am having next weekend so let me know if you would like me to look for any others. I have 600+ books so there are many authors. Most are fiction and mysteries, but I have a little of some other types to. I have some self help books, but not many. Let me know. Where do you live in the area? Just curious since I need to make some friends and obviously like myself you are a person that loves books. It is so hard for me to let go of them, but I just don't have room for them. Look forward to hearing from you again and I'll let you know just as soon as I can. Brenda

PS. Even if I don't have the books you want I'd still like to go to Starbucks, but not by you paying for it. We can go dutch just so I can meet you.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Heartbren, I'd think those books might be mighty useful somewhere in New Orleans. Could you advertise them on facebook? That's my hometown, and I've got several facebook friends there I'd be happy to spread the word to. And interstate movers usually charge by weight, so toting them here only to get rid of them later could be pretty pricey.