• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What's really funny is that Centurylink/Embarq is about to roll out cable service. :funn:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
blue mountain runner i have a home in your area and also have mediacom and embarq high speed net and in 1 year never had a problem with embarq. i have the 10 meg. AR E YOU THE OLDER GENTLMEN WITH SUPER BLOND HAIR THAT RUNS ON THE BEACH DAILY ON BLUE MOUNTAIN?

I actually moved from Blue Mtn Beach. Had horrible Embarq service in old Pt. Washington (Mediacom was not available there). Now I'm by the 331 bridge and Mediacom is awful. I spend 2 hours a month on the phone with them and at least one day a month waiting for a tech to show up.

Definitely not your guy. I never run on the beach, I'm a chick and I reckon I'm a middle aged :yikes: Egads when did that happen? The middle aged part, not the being a chick thing!

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
Anyone still having issues with Embarq/Centurylink? My connection in Seagrove is terrible. This has been going on for a few weeks and is the first problem I've had with Embarq in the 2 1/2 years they've been my provider.
I would hate to think I need to go back to Mediacom. They were terrible.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Anyone still having issues with Embarq/Centurylink? My connection in Seagrove is terrible. This has been going on for a few weeks and is the first problem I've had with Embarq in the 2 1/2 years they've been my provider.

We have had a few moments of slow/just not working today, but I have to say that we have had really no significant problems with Embarq. Everyone seems to complain about Mediacom, which is not available to us, but I don't think I would switch if I could!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Nope - problems only lasted about 10 days and been fine since then. Unless you hear others in your area having problems you should scan your system for malware and spyware (should do that anyway). I f that doesn't do the trick maybe replace modem or check lines.

Occasionally on Sunday mornings Embarq is down briefly or slow, probably routine maintenance.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Embarq is slow and intermittent still here at Camp Creek too. Annoying.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Embarq has been intermittent, service almost completely unavailable this weekend. Maybe its a coincidence, but I had excellent service prior to them changing over to "CenturyLink"...

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
I've been on the phone with tech support all evening. VERY frustrating because the problem is intermittent. When I call, I'm not connected, but by the time they answer, I have a connection. I told them the problem seemed very common in the area and they suggested anyone with a problem call them so they can confirm it's an area problem and try to determine the source of the issue.