• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melliedee

Beach Comber
Mar 12, 2010
Ohio
Hi, everyone!

My name is Melanie and I'll be visiting Grayton Beach for the first time for a week this May. Great forum! I am a vacation research junkie and like to over-plan everything, then just go with the flow when I get there!

Looking forward to learning more about this beach community before my trip so that I can make the most of it. I like off the beaten path kind of places. :D

I see that you also have a political forum. Rut ro. :cool:

Thanks in advance to locals for tips and advice.

Mel

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

Make sure to stop planning as soon as you get on the plane or in the car on your way here. In other words, plan on starting your decompression early so when you get here you don't waste a day running circles around your own head.

NSully

Beach Comber
hi Melanie!

My family and I moved here from Ohio last June. the one thing you should plan on is loving it here...very fun, relaxed, cool beach vibe....with lots of great folks!

between sowal.com and "30a.com" you should have all the info you need to plan a great trip!

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
If you wear a watch, make sure as soon as you arrive you take it off and put it in a drawer. I always do this and it seems to make the trip last longer since you have no conception of time. Just go with the flow and enjoy the sun and sand and water.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
Never waste time making plans before you go to Grayton. Plans nearly always go by the wayside once there. It may be your first time , but like Arnold says about California, you'll be back. Have a Grayt time.

JBird

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2010
back at ya.
Call my friend Tall Tom, and touch base with him about coming in.
He is like the Mayor of the beach areas. Knows everyone and is a really nice guy!
I live part time, in Ft. Lauderdale, and part time in Panama City Beach however Tom is full time social event guy for the area. I think you may like to meet and party with him!
His email is tom@aaflrealty.com
Jim thebirdman

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Hi Melanie,
The 1st week of May is extra special because it's Artsquest week!! Search around on here and you'll find lots of info about it!

Ohmmmm... I predict: your best vacay ever!!!! :clap:

ditto JBird... (Too) Tall Tom is a super guy!

msirish66

Beach Comber
Sep 13, 2009
Hi Melanie,
My husband and I came here 2 years ago on vacation. We have since bought a house here and I just resigned from my job to move here permanently. We arrive on Monday to look at furniture and such. You will love it. Life is so awesome in Grayton Beach, you too I gaurantee will be back. Just go with the flow.

Brianne

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi Melanie,
My husband and I came here 2 years ago on vacation. We have since bought a house here and I just resigned from my job to move here permanently. We arrive on Monday to look at furniture and such. You will love it. Life is so awesome in Grayton Beach, you too I gaurantee will be back. Just go with the flow.

Call Crystal Martinez at Kilgore furnishings if you want some help with furniture selections. Kilgore also sells flooring as well.