• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Would have been great if they had tried to keep those trees in a great courtyard or atrium.

I know construction around them would be hard on them, but they ARE survivors and worth it IMO.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Literally makes my stomach hurt just to read this... almost as much as when the clear cutting happened for that ill-fated Nantucket community on 30a.... time was, old established trees were what brought value to a piece of property. :sosad:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Oh Mermaid, please post a photo for us...I had no idea they were taking them all down so soon. We should have a funeral...:sosad:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I wonder if the people who are actually removing the tree feel any guilt at all about it. I could not do it. No way. Man, this is just so sad.

This makes me faint. That being said, what's going on there? Is Hotel V trying to become a reality?

The intersection at 395 and 30A really needs a hotel. :roll: No way it will be successful in this market. The developers should acknowledge the lesson learned by the NatureWalk people, as well as many others -- "Build it, and they will come." Uh, NOT!

Smooch

Beach Comber
Jan 8, 2007
SRB
I work there... it is true... there will be some type of nice bar and dinning place...... it is all gearing up for the hotel thats going to be there. its very sad i think.