• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello Everyone,

Last year was the first Walton County Earth Day Festival, which was a wonderful success. We had over 600 visitors to the event and many positive comments about the education value that they received from the participants and activities. This year we hope to attract even more people, especially with the addition of the 5K run/walk race that will kick off the festival.

I would like to invite all of you to participate in the second annual Walton County Earth Day Festival on April 17. We will be offering educational interactive booths, cooking demonstrations, guided hikes, and story tellers. The 5K race will end around the time the festival begins, which should bring many more people into the area. I have attached the sponsorship and registration form, if your organization is interested in participating, please fill out the attached form and return to me. Governments, non-profits, and universities are free. Again we are asking for educational interactive displays and/or activities for the event. If you have any questions please contact me. Also, if you know of anyone else that might be interested in participating or being a sponsor please forward the registration form to them.

The festival will be held on April 17, 2010 from 10am to 3pm at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!! If you have any questions or need more information please email me: bsaari@ufl.edu

Thanks,
Brooke J

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I am looking forward to this again this year!

Welcome to Florida State Parks

2ND ANNUAL EARTHDAY CELEBRATION

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park

Date: Saturday, Apr 17, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Description: The Department of Environmental Protection’s Topsail Hill Preserve State Park and the Friends of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Inc. invites you to their 2nd Annual Earthday Celebration in coordination with the 75th Florida State Park Anniversary. The University of Florida IFAS Extension Office and several other participants in Walton County are coordinating the event for Walton County. Music, food, educational games and activities will be available for youth of all ages. Environmental and governmental agencies will provide educational displays and local artists will be displaying and selling their work. Park at the Day-Use parking lot off of Hwy 30A or park and ride the shuttle from Van Ness Butler Elementary School. All donations at the event are given directly to the Friends of Topsail Hill to help enhance the interpretive and visitor service efforts at the park. There will be a 5K run and walk race at 8:00 a.m. to kick off the Earth Day event.

Fees: Entrance fees to the park are waived for the day.

Directions: Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is located in Santa Rosa Beach, 10 miles east of Destin, FL. Take I-10 to Exit 85 (Defuniak Springs) and follow U.S. Highway 331 south. Travel 27 miles to U.S. Highway 98. Turn right and travel approximately five miles west to scenic Highway 30A. Turn left and go a quarter mile to the entrance on the right.

wilcogal1974

Beach Lover
Sep 13, 2009
Walton County Earth Day Festival & 5K Race at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park

Walton County Earth Day​
Festival & 5K Race

Saturday, April 17, 2010 Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30-A (850) 267-8330 Race at 8:00 am Festival 10am - 3pm
Educational interactive displays, story tellers, cooking demonstrations, animal encouters, guided hiking tours, and much, much more. Please join us at
[FONT=Gill Sans Ultra Bold,Gill Sans Ultra Bold][FONT=Gill Sans Ultra Bold,Gill Sans Ultra Bold]Walton County Earth Day Festival!
[/FONT][/FONT]

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
earthday.jpg

wilcogal1974

Beach Lover
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks Kurt for displaying the flyer! :)

The course will take place on paved roads within the park down to the beach and Campbell Lake.

wilcogal1974

Beach Lover
Sep 13, 2009
Early Registration for the race is $20.00
Race Day registration is $25.00
The first 250 participants to register will receive a commemorative T-shirt. An awards ceremony will be held at the park following the race.
Race starts at 8:00am
You can stop by the Ranger Station at the entrace of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park to pick up a registration packet.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Second Annual Walton County Earth Day Festival
Saturday April 17
10am-3pm with 5K race at 8am
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park

Race at 8:00 am Festival 10am - 3pm
Educational interactive displays, story tellers, cooking demonstrations, animal encouters, guided hiking tours, and much, much more.
yay earth!