• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
most likely Navy Seals/Special Forces training...there is a drop zone in the Bay

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Would you please post your pics? I'd love to see them.

Two from inside a screen porch and two from outside, not good pics, but the lights were just hovering over the water. Very cool to watch. Probably just Naval exercises but whooa so cool to see.

Heatheahh

Beach Crab
Jun 10, 2009
Lights in the sky!

OMG,
Coming down our dark road on dead end, looking into the state forest, I think they must be doing construction?? Not in the forest! "Their Here"
Got a photo but not really good one. I hope they are friendly.

So I call all and see who else may have seen the lights and yup, calls back as north as Defuniak they are doing some kind of a drill up in those woods too.

Sonic booms shortly after so, my guess is military drill. I sure did hope for someone from "outah space" :rotfl:

It would have been great also if metors, but then I would have freaked out the forest would burn.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
img_0173_thumb.jpg
We were coming from Seaside to Grayton and saw them as we crossed Western Lake. Two lights just stayed there in one place. We pulled off the road and watched for a good 2-3 minutes and they did not move. Another car pulled in front of us and we all watch the two lights. We decided to drive further down the road but no sooner did we get back on 30A than one then the other disappeared. Freaky!!!! The wind made it spookier.
And then we come home and find that CNN has NO SIGNAL. "They" are taking over the news outlets.

Last edited:

ellen

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2005
Glad I'm not just imagining it

Feels like a thunder storm or bomb testing, but I've never experienced this at night - only during the day. Every time I hear/feel it, I walk outside, and nothing. Just a calm, quiet night. Thanks, sowal, for filling me in.

bjohnson

Beach Comber
Jan 15, 2009
san destin
i was driving north on 83 heading to the newer publix and saw the lights, my first reaction was the aliens are attacking, better call me mom and say bye! haha, i thought i was going crazy at first, so i am glad someone else saw it and not just me.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Over Sandestin way, same thing. Dog's trying to hide under the bed. Night bombing training? Alien invasion?

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Wish I'd been out to see it. Heard the booms, though.