• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
As I had just sat down last night on my couch, the house rattled and I thought someone had broken down the gargage door. I've heard the booms during the daylight that loud, but not that late. I went out and check on our dog Daisy in the garage, all was well. I then went and peered out the kitchen window and to the NW over the bay toward Freeport I saw an explosion that lite up the sky. It took a few seconds for the sound to reach us, but again it rattled the house. I then heard to helicopters traveling east, going up the Intercoastal Waterway. No sure exactly what kind. But sounds like Eglin was out doing their thing.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm Not quite sure I agree with you as I watched these two triangle shaped "flares" move down 98 for several minutes heading East just after Rosemary Beach where it was brightest, illuminating the cloud coverage, and closest to me. After being in awe, of whatever new military contraption they might have and pondering the idea that this could be?.something more?, I came to my senses and grabbed my phone.

These "flares" paralleled 98 and were visible for me until just before the 395...where they appeared to go behind cloud coverage, however as I approached the area the sky was clear and stars were visible? I?ve lived here my entire life with a father who bounced from Eglin and Hurlburt until retiring and I?ve never seen ?flares? stay at the same level in the sky and travel horizontally or go behind clouds that seem to dissipate; True flares by the way can be seen on any given night going over the 331 bridge looking in the direction of Niceville.

I then got on the phone with my mother explaining the sighting and wondered if the sheriff?s officer (who had a car pulled over heading west on 98) had seen these crazy traveling triangle flares. The bright yellow lights appeared again around 283 on the north side of 98 heading toward the bay, which I kept sight of until I turned onto 331 heading home?and?.nothing?. gone?. Over the bridge?. Nothing?.Hmmm

Did anyone else on 98 notice the clouds?
I know I had a long day at work but by golly there were clouds?.
View attachment 16653

View attachment 16654

YES! My daughter came in about 9 last night talking about orange lights and strange clouds. She said the clouds were like a veil and then they would open clearly letting the bright orange lights shine through. Then they were gone......just that quick. She was sure it had to be an UFO. She was at Destin Commons. :creepy:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
As I had just sat down last night on my couch, the house rattled and I thought someone had broken down the gargage door. I've heard the booms during the daylight that loud, but not that late. I went out and check on our dog Daisy in the garage, all was well. I then went and peered out the kitchen window and to the NW over the bay toward Freeport I saw an explosion that lite up the sky. It took a few seconds for the sound to reach us, but again it rattled the house. I then heard to helicopters traveling east, going up the Intercoastal Waterway. No sure exactly what kind. But sounds like Eglin was out doing their thing.

Remember that loud bang we heard at 4 a.m. a few years back? We were still living in Freeport and you went running outside with the shotgun in your underwear? :yikes:

And later found out that people in Seagrove heard it, Ponce De Leon, Choctaw Beach, everywhere? Yet Eglin never confirmed or denied anything...:ninja:

Last edited:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Remember that loud bang we heard at 4 a.m. a few years back? We were still living in Freeport and you went running outside with the shotgun in your underwear? :yikes:

And later found out that people in Seagrove heard it, Ponce De Leon, Choctaw Beach, everywhere? Yet Eglin never confirmed or denied anything...:ninja:

mighty spacious drawers SN!! :lol:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Last night it was like my house and the ground was shakin'. I thought maybe my neighbors were all having sex at once.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
LS, your neighborhood is obviously a lot more "happening" than mine. :lol:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If everyone could just watch this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coU09VLlci0"]YouTube- My MIIB Neuralyzer[/ame]