• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I really wanted to find that clip from National Lampoon's European Vacation to show what the first tourists would look like in the roundabout.

Anyone think that this roundabout will work with people who need "Path Crosses Road" signs on the bike path and "Don't jump from the balcony into the pool" signs in a rental?

Reminds me of an example in the automata theory class I teach -- can you get through the intersection (or can you get from the start state - to the final state +) following some path (such as the one labeled abbbabbbabba) in the "transition graph" below? :scratch:

;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Way to go BR, you made my head hurt more than if I laid down in that intersection.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I really wanted to find that clip from National Lampoon's European Vacation to show what the first tourists would look like in the roundabout.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc"]YouTube- European Vacation - Roundabout[/ame]

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I've been using the new posts feature, finally. So, I never really pay attention to the area the posts are in.

You knows I loves the smilies...:roll:

QFT

Is this the first ever example of John R using a smiley?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
The suburb just north of us, Carmel, Indiana, has dozens of roundabouts. The mayor went wild replacing all the intersections. Courtesy of their dept. of engineering, a tutorial: Carmel, Indiana Department of Engineering

BTW, they're not hard to use once you get the hang of them, though I can't for the life of me see how there's enough space on 30-A for one. Roundabout are BIG.

Pool Pal

Beach Lover
Sep 27, 2008
www.poolpal.biz

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeSPOIffVE"]YouTube- Roundabout by Yes[/nomedia]

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
There are a couple of them across the county line. Easiest one to spot is the 98 access road by the Destin YMCA/Home Depot, and there are more in Bluewater and FWB. Can't say I've seen people have problems with the Destin one.