• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I know most all government agencies have limits on the file sizes that can be sent and/or recieved. Any email exceeding a certain size will get booted automatically by the server, and image files are usually pretty big, if you were sending pics.

Most in Florida do not due to sunshine laws.

We need to call Scott(835-4860) & Cecilia(231-2978). They represent the beach communities. Never hurts to call the TDC.

They both represent special interests followed closely by their own. Unless you're planning to write out a campaign donation don't expect your opinions to register.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Most in Florida do not due to sunshine laws.

They both represent special interests followed closely by their own. Unless you're planning to write out a campaign donation don't expect your opinions to register.

Walton County does have restrictions on the size of emails that can be sent. Not sure what it is, but i have had to send multiple emails when I was sending pictures.

I don't know what experience that you have had with cecilia jones, but I have had very good experiences. I haven't dealt with scott brannon as I do not live in that district, but I have a hard time believing that cecilia would not work with any citizen that contacted her.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Read up on the Hotz Avenue mess. The only two citizens she seems to be helping in that is Lloyd Blue and Jay Odom; and I don't think Jay Odom even lives in this county. Essentially she ignored all of the input given at that meeting and is doing exactly what those two discussed at the meeting. Cecilia Jones is out for herself and only herself. She's probably too busy right now figuring out how to skirt the insurance issue again. BTW, she doesn't even live in this part of the county. Simply check out her expense reports issued to the county.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Miramar Beach woman wins national acclaim for blowing whistle on Walton commissioners | miramar, beach, whistle - Local News - WaltonSun.com

Miramar Beach resident Suzanne Harris’ stand against the Walton County commission forced it to dramatically change the way it handles public records.
She received national recognition for her efforts Monday when the American Society of News Editors named her the first place winner of its Sunshine Week Local Hero award.
“I think it’s the biggest award I’ve ever had in my whole life,” Harris said.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Read up on the Hotz Avenue mess. The only two citizens she seems to be helping in that is Lloyd Blue and Jay Odom; and I don't think Jay Odom even lives in this county. Essentially she ignored all of the input given at that meeting and is doing exactly what those two discussed at the meeting. Cecilia Jones is out for herself and only herself. She's probably too busy right now figuring out how to skirt the insurance issue again. BTW, she doesn't even live in this part of the county. Simply check out her expense reports issued to the county.

She sold out the FD on this issue...:dunno:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
[/It was the intention of the BCC to allow items left overnight to remain as long as they were stored at the toe of the dune under a walkover. This does not apply to public accesses.QUOTE]

This is going to create the same enforcement mess as last year. Many of the tourists are going to be clueless as to the distinction between public and private walkovers.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
At 12:40 P.M. today, I spoke with Commissioner Comander regarding leaving items on the beach overnight. It was the intention of the BCC to allow items left overnight to remain as long as they were stored at the toe of the dune under a walkover. This does not apply to public accesses. I appreciate Commissioner Comander returning my call and answering my question but expected no less from her as such is always the case. I only wish I could say the same for all of the Commissioners.

I checked the ordinace that was presented and I didn't see this part. Doesn't make a big difference; it's still going to be a mess.

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=2011

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Could they bring any more stuff to leave on the beach? Do you see any people? There is some laundry drying.

dunelaker-albums-hurricanes-tropical-storms-2009-picture5474-litter-beach-hurr-dolly-72308-am.jpg

Maybe this year they will cart out their washing machine!:lol::angry:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
yes that wasn't enforced this yr. but then again its not really a priority right now

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
stuff left on the beach, cars driving on the beach without permits, boats launching from the beach without permits...beach going patrol ignores all...beach ordinances aren't worth the paper they were voted on.