• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The worth of the opinion may be what's in question. Like my Dad use to say "opinions are like.... Everybody has their own. And sometimes you are one." The original poster flyaagal probably has the gist by now, I'm sure. I wouldn't pay for or live in half of the homes around here, but I try not to belittle another man's castle.

Last edited:

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
:wave:

i'm sorry that's the only thing you can get out of my comments but i walk through there every day because it is a place to cut through to get to where i walk and to walk my dog. by the way, i actually pick up my dog's feces, unlike a lot of others who go through there...my neighbor couldn't believe how much was lying along the grassy areas in the village the other day! just because i walk through an area doesn't mean i want to reside there. how about some common sense? oh, well...i guess i'm not entitled to an opinion.

Of course you are...yours is just negative and condescending on a regular basis! If you think people aren't going to comment on it eventually, you're kidding yourself. ;-)

middlebeach

Beach Comber
Feb 17, 2009
Village

We own a property in the Village that family and firends use during the year. The development needs some work but it should be fine. We stay in touch with the HOA on a monthly basis. The HOA should be fine. It is similiar to many in the area and could use more money but it pays the bills. The location is great and the neighborhood appears to be stablizing. We had 15 families visit last year with no compliants.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Of course you are...yours is just negative and condescending on a regular basis! If you think people aren't going to comment on it eventually, you're kidding yourself. ;-)

i call it as i see it. that can be too much for some people. crumbling sidewalks, peeling signs everywhere, trees falling down, obvious construction errors, etc. - just think it could be a lot better subdivision if it was cared for properly. could also do without the renters who continue to let their dogs loose instead of keeping them on their property. my dog was bitten by two loose dogs (mine was on a leash) so i'm not real sympathetic with such people. there is a puppy being let loose all the time now who is bound to get hit by a car speeding down village drive.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The worth of the opinion may be what's in question. Like my Dad use to say "opinions are like.... Everybody has their own. And sometimes you are one." The original poster flyaagal probably has the gist by now, I'm sure. I wouldn't pay for or live in half of the homes around here, but I try not to belittle another man's castle.

the person asked for opinions. if i want an opinion, i want an honest one, not one that is sugarcoated. it's not about belittling anything. obviously, if you provide an honest opinion, someone might be offended but each to their own. i'm not saying my opinion is the right answer for the person who asked. it's just my assessment of what i see. i wouldn't care what someone said about my neighborhood if i decided i liked it just the way it us. way too sensitive, for goodness sakes.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
For what it's worth, that seems to be some fairly high ground. That's gotta be worth something. I personally don't care for what looks like multi-family in there, but the rest of the place has some really cool designs to the homes.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
i call it as i see it. that can be too much for some people. crumbling sidewalks, peeling signs everywhere, trees falling down, obvious construction errors, etc. - just think it could be a lot better subdivision if it was cared for properly. could also do without the renters who continue to let their dogs loose instead of keeping them on their property. my dog was bitten by two loose dogs (mine was on a leash) so i'm not real sympathetic with such people. there is a puppy being let loose all the time now who is bound to get hit by a car speeding down village drive.

Ohhhhhh....you mean the puppy (who is 5 years old BTW) that belongs to the fella who, on the day he brought his newborn home, you decided to shriek at in front of his other 2 kids? The one that has since installed an electric fence? That one? :wave:.

Everyone knows about you and your dog, trust me. We were warned the day we moved in.....:rofl:.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
The 2 large parcels in the front that are common area (where I believe the commercial was supposed to be) is now bank owned. There are also a lot of foreclosures in the community which generally means a lot of people not paying their HOA/COA fees - the funds required for maintenance. What happens of course is that either the community has to spend less on taking care of the community or they have to raise association fees and the paying members have to make up for the non-paying ones. The Village of Blue Mountain is not the only community on 30A where the bank has taken over common grounds. The Village of South Walton is in the same situation. Hotel Saba is not bank owned but sure seems to be at a standstill. So in this day, it's not surprising but still a cause for concern. The prices are great (or should be) but the future is uncertain.

You said that you are looking at a condo. If so, you are by law entitled to see the association financial records as well as the condo docs.

Section 718.503(2) (a), Florida Statues, provides ?? each prospective purchaser who has entered into a contract for the purchase of a condominium unit is entitled, at the seller?s expense, to a current copy of declaration of condominium, articles of incorporation of the association, bylaws and rules of the association, financial information required by section (s.) 718.111

Notice that you have to have a contract but you have 3 days to rescind after receiving the required documents if you don't like what you see.

If you are serious about putting an offer in on a unit, I would have your realtor request a copy of the BOD minutes and the listing agent may give them in advance of a contract. These are generally vague by design but can give you quite a bit of information regarding the problems that the association is having. There is certainly nothing wrong with a prospective buyer wanting full disclosure before making such a big decision. Don't be afraid to get the information that you need rather than rely on hearsay. And certainly don't go into it blind.