• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
New Location in the Center of Company's West Bay Sector Plan Development

The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) today announced plans to move its corporate headquarters to its large-scale development project adjacent to the new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport in Bay County. The new location, surrounded by some of the Company's most valuable land holdings, will enable the Company to build on its real estate and economic development successes in the Northwest Florida region.

St. Joe's new headquarters will be located within Phase I of the Company's West Bay Sector Plan development near the entrance of the new international airport which is scheduled to open in May 2010. The new offices will provide the Company with a location central to its numerous residential communities and commercial properties under development, as well as Company lands slated for new business and development opportunities in the region.

The Company will be consolidating offices from Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Port St. Joe and South Walton County into the new location. Construction of the approximately 50,000 square foot Class A multi-tenant office building is scheduled to begin this summer, with relocation of the Company's headquarters and personnel to be completed by the summer of 2011.

"This move is a very important step in the evolution of The St. Joe Company, and we are excited about expanding our relationships with the people of Northwest Florida," said Britt Greene, President and CEO. "At the same time we are very grateful for our 75-year relationship with the City of Jacksonville. There are many friends and supporters in the area that have played an integral part in the growth and success of the Company throughout the years. We will remain forever thankful for their contributions and support."

"The relocation represents a new phase for our Company where we will be able to closely align our resources in an area that we have been actively involved in developing for the past 12 years," continued Greene. "Furthermore, we expect to capitalize on the many significant business and economic development opportunities that we see emerging as the region continues to evolve into not only one of the nation's top ranked vacation destinations, but one of the nation's newest business and technology corridors."

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Which employees from South Walton? I thought the last one just left town.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
St Joe still has employees in Walton County. They moved their offices to WaterSound (formerly, WaterSound North).

This move for JOE is a pretty big announcement in my opinion.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Which employees from South Walton? I thought the last one just left town.

One lives around the corner from you. :wave: They'll just have a different commute to the office. They might even be able to get to the new airport JOE offices quicker than the PCB or WaterSound office -- if that's still there and that's where they went in to work everyday. Will ask next time I see him walking his dogs. Edit. See Murray said they were all at WaterSound North.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Jax and Tally, potential for a lot of attrition there. Quite the commute.

Doubt it, lord knows being offered moving expenses to go to the beach is a pretty hard offer to pass up. Even if you're in Jacksonville and you know this area because of work I can't imagine passing it up. A friend of mine calls Jacksonville the armpit of Florida. That and the fact that Tebow is probably going to move back there is even more reason to evacuate. :D