• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
The lights are out there again now. Cool. Just a couple of big booms, and about 3 minutes later the lights appear.

Last edited:

KHorne

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
I just saw them driving west on 30A from Seaside. I almost ran off the road. I tried to take a picture while driving (i know terrible) but I panicked! WTF? They were bright orangish lights. They illuminated the low clouds. I will say the lights looked kind of old-skool rather than "futuristic". Still kinda freaked out though. Then they disappeared or the trees hid them from my view. couldn't tell, was trying not to watch the raod! I am so glad someone posted this and saw them too because I thought I had finally gone COMPLETELY crazy.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Two of them were out there when we let the dogs out a few minutes ago. Fuzz thinks they are somewhere between Four Mile Point and the Mid-Bay Bridge. From here they are not as close as you'd think they are if you were looking from Tucker Bayou or the Intercoastal, but they are still brighter than all the stuff we are accustomed to seeing.

However, the first night with the house-shaking booms, we did have helicopters circling. :shock:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
could be because Eglin just got a whole new group of Special Forces Rangers...they and the Navy Seals training

most likely will be a regular thing.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Thai-Lanterns-Yee-Peng.jpg