• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Would that we could. This was federal stimulus bucks for the resurfacing project. Not a lot of local say in how it was to be spent.

Really I thought Florida showed how fiscally conservative they were and refused it?

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
The width of teh new surface is about 6" shorter than the previous surface. I am very concerned about bikes falling off that edge and into traffic. It's a good 3/4" to 1" drop in places.

And they did stop at Tom Thumb.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Update on edge of road

My Wife just came through this area and it looks like they are doing something along the edge of the road to smooth it and taper it to repair the edge they had. She thinks they may be widening it a bit also. Sounds like good news.

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Really I thought Florida showed how fiscally conservative they were and refused it?

Nope; and the new Redfish Lake bridge is also being done with stimulus bucks.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
anyone know why this was done before Chat Holly?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
If it's anything like Tallahassee that section of road has more affluent voters. ;-)

:shock:duh, what was I thinking...

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
anyone know why this was done before Chat Holly?
Because, like North Lake said, it is funded by stimulus money which means it was a "shovel ready" project. There are time restriction on the money and it had to be done now. The contract was actually issued I believe in January. The contractor decided to start it now.

They are still working on plans and engineering on Chat Holly. They are trying to put in a multi-use path along the road, and there are some ROW issue along with money issues.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Because, like North Lake said, it is funded by stimulus money which means it was a "shovel ready" project. There are time restriction on the money and it had to be done now. The contract was actually issued I believe in January. The contractor decided to start it now.

They are still working on plans and engineering on Chat Holly. They are trying to put in a multi-use path along the road, and there are some ROW issue along with money issues.

Thank you.