• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bravos66

Beach Crab
Mar 3, 2010
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about buying in the following communities:

1) Sanctuary at Redfish - looks like some good deals?

2) Dunes at Seagrove

3) Sandestin

I am looking for a 3 bedroom, and would like to keep my price as low as possible - but still have a "nice" place.

Thanks for any feedback,
Susan

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about buying in the following communities:

2) Dunes at Seagrove

3) Sandestin

I am looking for a 3 bedroom, and would like to keep my price as low as possible - but still have a "nice" place.

Thanks for any feedback,
Susan

Be sure and look at Sanctuary closely, the beach is a very long walk, but a pretty place. Dunes at Seagrove is in a quiet area, off 30-A directly on beach. Sandestin is a great community, but in my opinion the beaches are extremely crowded. Let me know if I can help you further.

Franny
The Beach Group

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi,

2) Dunes at Seagrove

3) Sandestin

Thanks for any feedback,
Susan

I think you should give us more info about what is important to you as far as amenities, proximity to beach, preferences, price range, etc.

bravos66

Beach Crab
Mar 3, 2010
Thanks for the help, there are so many options, it is a little overwhelming.

I have 3 kids (10,9,7), 2 boys, 1 girl. All 3 are very active. One of the boys plays a lot of tennis, so would like tennis facilities. Would love to be able to bike, and the boys might like to try fishing. Don't have to be on the beach, but would like to be within walking distance, for back and forth ease. Husband prefers the beach not too crowded, and definitely don't want a party/social atmosphere that I associate with Panama City.

Open to any suggestions. Would prefer not to spend too much, definitely below 500K.

Thanks for any and all help,
Susan

Last edited:

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Hi Bravos66,

Check your e-mail for some information that might help you with making your decisions.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington

I have 3 kids (10,9,7), 2 boys, 1 girl. All 3 are very active. One of the boys plays a lot of tennis, so would like tennis facilities. Would love to be able to bike, and the boys might like to try fishing. Don't have to be on the beach, but would like to be within walking distance, for back and forth ease. Husband prefers the beach not too crowded, and definitely don't want a party/social atmosphere that I associate with Panama City.

Open to any suggestions. Would prefer not to spend too much, definitely below 500K.

Susan

Hi Susan,
There is a unit for sale in Dunes of Seagrove, not my listing by the way, listed for $435,000. Two bedroom with bunks and two baths. Gulf front, pool and tennis courts. Let me know if you would like to see this condo.
Francesca Gage
The Beach Group
850-376-4660

SGBeach

Beach Comber
Feb 7, 2010
I have a condo for sale in the Beachside Villas. It is the lowest priced 3 BR in the complex for sale currently. The complex has tennis courts, boardwalk access to the beach from ther complex and 2 pools. The price is $274,900.

EmeraldCoastHomesOnline.com

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Ask a realtor about what's available at the Cottages at Camp Creek on the east side of 30A. We have two side-by-side 3 bedroom/2bath cottages there, and love them. There are great deals right now, either on the smaller 3 bedroom (which is what I have) or the larger 2-3 story ones. It's very well kept up, quiet, etc. If you want to see the community, go to VRBO? is Vacation Rentals By Owner and type in "seacrest" for location and then "cottages of camp creek" for the particular community. You'll see photos of the larger and small ones, as well as the large pool (great pool) by clicking through the photos on the different property sites.

Also, before buying a place, why not spend a few weekends living in one of the rentals to see what it feels like to be there. Also be sure you have good construction - some places went up very fast during the boom!

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Be sure and look at Sanctuary closely, the beach is a very long walk, but a pretty place. Dunes at Seagrove is in a quiet area, off 30-A directly on beach. Sandestin is a great community, but in my opinion the beaches are extremely crowded. Let me know if I can help you further.

Franny
The Beach Group

Yep, exactly what Franny said. Don't know about the beaches being crowded at Sandestin but the association fees are pretty high and you're right on the fringe of all that traffic.

Susan

One thing to keep in mind is that you could also play tennis at Watercolor or Rosemary (for a fee of course) but they have pros there and courts that are suitable for more experienced players. So if you choose a home in a community that doesn't have courts but send your son to one of those. If you get a place close enough, he could even walk. Just an option. Also, I don't do fishing but does anyone know if the dune lakes have fishing?

Ask a realtor about what's available at the Cottages at Camp Creek on the east side of 30A. We have two side-by-side 3 bedroom/2bath cottages there, and love them. There are great deals right now, either on the smaller 3 bedroom (which is what I have) or the larger 2-3 story ones. It's very well kept up, quiet, etc. If you want to see the community, go to VRBO? is Vacation Rentals By Owner and type in "seacrest" for location and then "cottages of camp creek" for the particular community. You'll see photos of the larger and small ones, as well as the large pool (great pool) by clicking through the photos on the different property sites.

Also, before buying a place, why not spend a few weekends living in one of the rentals to see what it feels like to be there. Also be sure you have good construction - some places went up very fast during the boom!

You forgot to mention the proximity of the cottages to Alys and Rosemary. The family could ride bicycles to free movies, concerts, dinner etc. It's great :D