• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Lloyds, are you able to post a sign in the Church St. area that the dog was picked up and that he's currently at Animal Control? I'd hate for a dog to be put to death because he stank.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I am 16 hours away and am so worried about this pup. Is Animal Control in Defuniak the animal shelter there? Let me know so I can call and see about donating some $$$ for his care. Maybe the lady at Miss Lucille's will foster him??? Poor guy just needs a good bath!!!

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
I am 16 hours away and am so worried about this pup. Is Animal Control in Defuniak the animal shelter there? Let me know so I can call and see about donating some $$$ for his care. Maybe the lady at Miss Lucille's will foster him??? Poor guy just needs a good bath!!!

Does anyone know if it's a kill shelter and if Stanky has been claimed yet? Maybe he was chipped or something. Poor baby might have been on the streets for so long. My Sunny's breath stinks :puke: but I'd die if I lost her. :-(

I remember that I saw a post on sowal that someone was just starting a new shelter. Sister, if it's a kill shelter I don't think that donating will help Stanky. I think it is animal control. Have a really busy day but will try to call tomorrow. We've got to get him out of there cuz I'm afraid that he may only have 10 days or so.

Lloyds, maybe a sign or two in the area. I remember that really helped a couple of years ago. Poor guy didn't have a collar? I worry because so many people are just leaving these poor babies because they are evicted or can't afford them anymore. So sad.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I am so sad about this dog. She looks like she is an older dog that surely must have belonged to someone who is looking for her. Oh, I hope this ends well for her and her family.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Walton County, FL - Home Page - Found DOGS

He is in the pokey. I think they keep them for 7 days and then they euthanize.

Well, that made me sick....:puke:

And my wife can't understand why I would prefer to be around animals instead of humans......At least animals give a damn....

Bad Karma to those who don't have the decency to have their pets fixed, maintained so that they don't roam or discard them as if they are a piece of garbage....:angry:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Is there any such thing as a no kill shelter down there? Where I live our SPCA went to no kill. I know it is very expensive but maybe someone could move him to one (if there is one). What about posting in a paper or something? How would I call these people? Just look up Animal Control of Walton County? Do you have anyone on the radio who broadcasts lost pets?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Is there any such thing as a no kill shelter down there? Where I live our SPCA went to no kill. I know it is very expensive but maybe someone could move him to one (if there is one). What about posting in a paper or something? How would I call these people? Just look up Animal Control of Walton County? Do you have anyone on the radio who broadcasts lost pets?

Animal Controls are county run- they are not associated with ASPCAs- they are a place to hold animals safely until their owners claim them or they are adopted. For logistical and budget reasons, they obviously cannot be "no kill" shelters. No kill shelters will go to animal controls and pick out adoptable animals. Animal control shelters are necessary- and the only reason they are sad is because bad people abandon or abuse their animals. If all people were good pet owners, animal control wouldn't be necessary. So before people get upset over county owned shelters, remember the reason why they exist- animals are euthanized because of bad owners.

Bluz

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2009
Well, that made me sick....:puke:

And my wife can't understand why I would prefer to be around animals instead of humans......At least animals give a damn....

Bad Karma to those who don't have the decency to have their pets fixed, maintained so that they don't roam or discard them as if they are a piece of garbage....:angry:
It really is sickening. I wish more people would look at that website when they want a pet.