• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Cork, your business plan is impressive. I've been watching the market in Sowal for the last several months and it's amazing what you can learn with a little online research. It had occurred to me that being an agent with a plan such as yours could be really cool. Good on you for thinking out of the box!

Thanks AttheBeach but I've considered any real estate investment to be a huge decision and have been aware of the trust that people place in us as realtors. Just try to follow the golden rule ;-)

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Thanks Cork! I know I'll love it if I ever get there. The move keeps getting pushed back a little further every week. I'll definitely be there by the weekend of the 10th of April. I have a dr.'s apt. I have to go to on the 5th so now I have to wait for that or I'll have to drive all the way back after just arriving. See you soon!!!! I left a note on your profile page. :dunno:

You are very sweet Heart (love your name :love:). You will love 30A. As you found, it's not just a place - it's a "community" of wonderful and diverse people.

Regarding the condos at Blue Mountain Beach or any community. All of the information that one needs is out there somewhere and now more than ever, with so many developers going bankrupt and so many homes going into foreclosure - it's more important than ever to know what you're getting into. There's many things that can affect the enjoyment of one's property and potential buyers should know them.

I made a conscious decision to be an exclusive buyer's agent and not take any listings. In that way, I have no responsibilities to any seller and I am free to disclose as much information as needed to help the buyer make an informed decision. My agents have no financial interest in selling any particular property so they are equally motivated to show all properties regardless of who has the listing. They give "on demand" attention and I do the research and investment consulting. It works and professional listing agents such as those on this board understand that it's not personal. We're both trying to do the best we can for our clients.

In a previous life, I was an investigator so I am just very good at finding information that many can't find and I use that expertise to create a profile of the seller and their potential motivations. Before we placed a contract on the Grayton home, we had a very good picture of the sellers net worth, history and motivations for selling the home and how much he could bear as far as a loss went. I don't like that sellers are losing money but it's my job to do everything I can to make sure that my client doesn't.

Blue Mountain isn't devastated but unfortunately it was a little late coming into the market so a lot of people bought at the top. I did confirm that the commercial area is bank owned. In fact, it is now available as a bank owned property or REO. I believe that it will come back once someone comes in and develops that commercial area.

Enjoy sowal and let me know when you're settled. We'll get together.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Thanks Cork! I know I'll love it if I ever get there. The move keeps getting pushed back a little further every week. I'll definitely be there by the weekend of the 10th of April. I have a dr.'s apt. I have to go to on the 5th so now I have to wait for that or I'll have to drive all the way back after just arriving. See you soon!!!! I left a note on your profile page. :dunno:

Just keep the dream in the front of your head and don't let the little hassles bother you. You're on the path and will arrive in sowal soon.

I hope that you are well. Will check the profile. I forget about that sometimes . See you soon and drive careful.

HHH

Beach Crab
Mar 24, 2016
Ohhhhhh....you mean the puppy (who is 5 years old BTW) that belongs to the fella who, on the day he brought his newborn home, you decided to shriek at in front of his other 2 kids? The one that has since installed an electric fence? That one? :wave:.

Everyone knows about you and your dog, trust me. We were warned the day we moved in.....:rofl:.

Yes, that's right, I'm bringing the discussion back from the dead b/c I cannot pass on an opportunity like this. You're right, Sheila is her name, and her accomplices are Janet and Karin (sp?). The neighborhood is beyond excited that she's now gone, but still looking to get rid of the other two. I was originally here looking for info on the Villages HOA board. At any rate, who cares about that at this point, I'm more interested in berating the little white haired troll, who happens to share a striking resemblance to Bruce Vilanch (you'll need to see it to believe it). She and her minions tried to bark up our tree once. It was literally hours after we first arrived here in the neighborhood. Probably some of the most unpleasant people I've encountered in this area. Janet's still here - I'm under the belief that she has a severe mental illness. The best thing about her is that she leaves for half the year. And Karin (sp?), it's like she went to a MC Hammer consignment sale (Can't touch this! b/c she's too legit to quit!). Yes, yes, I digress back to the immature name calling, etc..., but sometimes it's so fun (and on point). 1 down, 2 to go ;)

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I'm sure everyone who bought in BMB in 2010 are smiling all the way to the bank now..I bougnt in 2013 and three years later both properties are up over 70%..lots where 350k now 450K..beach front +2M( lot only )