• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Yep. Its good. I haven't been back since they re-opened but will return.

HelenM

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2008
Thanks for all the good review (especially the fried eggplant!)...we'll have to check them out!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Well, here is another one to add to the mix. Betty and I wanted a light meal somewhere close last night so we went to Ken's.
Our waiter, Brandon (sp?) was quick to greet us and was very attentive to our wants and needs. That is to say the service was superlative during the entire meal.
We both ordered the Crab Bisque and decided to split an order of Eggplant topped with lump crab and crawfish. While waiting for our soup, bread and butter was brought and it was delicious. Then came the Crab Bisque and it, as it was previously when I had it, one of the best soups I have ever had. The eggplant dish was to die for, as the saying goes.
The only disturbing event about the experience was the fact there were only three groups in at the time. It was early on a Friday night so I can only hope it improved over the evening as I would hate to see such a convenient and excellent place close for lack of business.
One more thing. We found the prices for what we ordered to be especially reasonable, and on 30A, no less. As the saying goes, two thumbs up for Ken's.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
I find it interesting reading all the rave reviews about Ken's and it being empty or almost empty every time I am by there. I live very close by Ken's and continuously eyeball all the businesses on 30A for crowds and activity. It's true Ken's has some of the best food on 30A. It's true the prices are right. It's true the service has always been attentive and professional. When I see the over-whelming crowds at some of the other spots who don't exhibit near the same level of service, price for value, and really good food, I ask myself why? Is it because it is not a place to drink? That is very big out here, so that's possibly one of the reasons. The interior and decor aren't funky or swank enough for the 30A crowd? Let's admit you won't be swept away by the interior design, but it's not terrible. Could it be no one seems to know Ken or even if there is a Ken? Note to owners, get out into this community and let everyone know who you are. It is essential. And lastly, is it the right menu for the right people in the right area? Seems fine to me and they have a few items you can't even find around here. Deciding when, what, and where to eat often done because of habit, a particular craving or desire, convenience, etc. There are many reasons. I'm pulling for Ken's and hope they make it. Stop by and try it just once and see for yourself. The crab bisque is the best on 30A (that I've had) and the chicken fried steak, well if you are a fan of CFS you'll agree The Best.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
I meant to post the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

The place is outstanding...the food is always good.

Sowallers give them a chance and spread the word

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
try it - you'll like it!!

went to ken's today after reading this thread. OUTSTANDING!!! crab bisque, sliced pork sandwich for mr. yummy, spinach salad for me. wonderful service. we will try dinner next time - just a really great new place for 30-A. yummmmm. :clap:

lancelf08

Beach Comber
Jul 23, 2007
My wife and I have eaten at Ken's for lunch three times, and each meal we've had there has been outstanding. The cheeseburger is 30A's best. It's huge, juicy and delicious. And the French fries are easily my favorite on 30A as well. My wife has had the crab bisque and the chili - both were fantastic. The bowl of chili is easily enough food for two people. The crab bisque was rich and tasted homemade.
I ate there a few weeks ago and had the sliced pork sandwich, which was terrific. It also came with a big portion of tasty French fries.
We work right down the street so it's an easy stop for us for lunch. If you haven't tried Ken's yet, I highly recommend to give it a shot. You won't be disappointed. Ken's is easily my favorite lunch spot on 30A.
Now I just need to get over there for dinner.

Last edited: