• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Thanks for the comments. We are very intrested in Hidden Beach Villas and Seagrove Highlands. We are not against a studio but we would like a full kitchen. I can't wait to get down there and actually veiw some of these units. Hopefully have our own little slice of paradise by the summer.

The developer has 20 units in Seagrove Highlands to sell. I think with the right push he might let a few go at a real good price. ;-)

SGBeach

Beach Comber
Feb 7, 2010
Beachside Villas condo for sale

My Wife and I are looking to buy a condo in the Destin SoWal area. We plan to use it for our own purposes and rent it occasionally. Gulf Place, Hidden Beach Villas, Rollin Tide Villas, Village of Blue Mountain Beach and Seagrove Highlands are the ones we seem to be most interested in. We really only need a studio or one bedroom. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on these, the good and the bad, if anyone would care to share. Thanks.

You might want to consider the Beachside Villas which are similar to the Beachwood Villas. They are on the other side of 30-A and have boardwalk access to the beach from the complex along with 2 pools, 2 tennis courts, and access to the Eastern Lake.

I have the lowest priced 836 sq. ft condo for sale in the Beachside Villas. See the listing - EmeraldCoastHomesOnline.com

The next lowest priced unit is $224,500. I am willing to sell unit#1011 for $189,900 even though it is listed at $204,900. That sales price would make it $34,600 cheaper than the next lowest price.

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
I’m familiar with beachside villas and would be interested in owning a unit there, but that is a little out of our price range. Thanks for the info. What do you think the right push and a real good price would be on the Seagrove highlands?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I haven't been inside of Seagrove Highlands but the same developer did the Cottages at Camp Creek, which I love. The CCC quality and layouts are very good. If the Highlands can get a sense of community going and a "warm" feeling over time (and fill the place up more), I think it would be excellent value for the money now. They were waaaaaaay more expensive during the boom. I almost signed up for one before the prices balooned, but then decided to get another place at Cottages at Camp Creek which worked out great for us. But I did like the idea of the Highlands.

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
I see where a unit at Emerald Hills is selling for what looks like a good price. Can anyone tell me anything about this complex.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I see where a unit at Emerald Hills is selling for what looks like a good price. Can anyone tell me anything about this complex.

This will be our 3rd year staying at Emerald Hills. We LOVE it. The grounds are very well kept and the natural landscaping is wonderful. The pool is fantastic. I have only seen the 1 bedroom and 3 bedroom units that are Gulf Front. All of the 2 bedroom units are poolside. I think you would love it.

Good luck on your search. I hope to be doing the same thing some day. :cool:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Cat, out of your choices, I agree with Bobby. It's all about the beach and a view is a definite plus. While sales are definitely picking up, I still have concerns about dropping prices so just make sure you don't overpay. Also, unfortunately, more and more bank owned properties are hitting the market. We've been watching them and doing very well at negotiating prices down even lower. Here's a list of all the currently available 30a bank owned condo foreclosures. Just because they are REO's doesn't mean they are priced right so you still need to do your homework but banks need to get rid of them because they are paying taxes, association fees etc. There's lots of great properties that are owned by banks right now. Good luck in your search and feel free to contact me if you need anything.

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
I haven't been on in a while but thanks for the wonderful comments and advice. My wife and I did ride down to SoWal today from one end of 30A to the other. Then to Inlet beach and looked at a complex there called Inlet Sands. We liked the proximity to the beach but it seemed a little out of the way for us; great for someone looking for seclusion.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
I haven't been on in a while but thanks for the wonderful comments and advice. My wife and I did ride down to SoWal today from one end of 30A to the other. Then to Inlet beach and looked at a complex there called Inlet Sands. We liked the proximity to the beach but it seemed a little out of the way for us; great for someone looking for seclusion.

Hi Cat,

You might want to also check out Beachfront II and the Inn at Seacrest. The Inn is right in the middle of everything happening near Rosemary and Beachfront II is not a walk to events, dining etc. but it is a good location on 30A near the Lakewood area.