• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
8. Order milk to drink. It's just wrong.

It all depends - I have been places where you get asked which kind of milk you want and get free refills. I personally think drinking Coke at meals is just wrong.

Though after I got a mini carton plopped on the table at Bud & Alleys, I figured out not to try and drink milk w/ meals out around here. :blink:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
ewww... and a first for me last night.. child with nose bleed and the parent asked the server to take away the bloody napkins. Do I look like I want to touch THAT? And then look totally offended when latex gloves were worn back to the table. Do you get offended when you see an EMT or cop put on gloves when possibly having to come in contact with gross fluids?( I mean at least they were kinda flesh colored ones.. not those purple ones,lol)

I am glad they put on gloves~! Screw those nasty rude people who questioned following BASIC precautions for dealing with BLOOD!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It all depends - I have been places where you get asked which kind of milk you want and get free refills. I personally think drinking Coke at meals is just wrong.

Though after I got a mini carton plopped on the table at Bud & Alleys, I figured out not to try and drink milk w/ meals out around here. :blink:

Those cartons are ultra pasteurized and last for months. You could have probably asked your server to go to the kitchen and ask for some milk. I wouldn't trust a kitchen that doesn't have a basic ingredient like milk.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I am glad they put on gloves~! Screw those nasty rude people who questioned following BASIC precautions for dealing with BLOOD!

ABSOLUTELY!
It's stunning that they would be offended by the gloves... in an eating establishment of all places.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Those cartons are ultra pasteurized and last for months. You could have probably asked your server to go to the kitchen and ask for some milk. I wouldn't trust a kitchen that doesn't have a basic ingredient like milk.

I wasn't worried about the freshness, more the fact that I got a carton. Guess I thought for $30 an entree they could have actually put it in a glass. :roll:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I wasn't worried about the freshness, more the fact that I got a carton. Guess I thought for $30 an entree they could have actually put it in a glass. :roll:

I get where you're coming from... it grosses me out to drink from cartons, plastic cups, etc. Were you at least provided a glass to pour the carton contents into?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think I had to ask for one. They did bring a straw though. Guess they thought I was ordering off the kiddie drinks menu or something. :dunno:

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Milk allergy aside, I'm with you, SB, but I notice more and more people would rather drink whatever beverage from a single-serving factory-packaged container or single-use disposable cup. I think it is a germ-fear thing, though I haven't actually conducted a survey yet.

I say let our kids get dirty, eat more dirt etc., to build up a system that can handle germs, instead of sanitizing and sterilizing ourselves into hypersensitive weakness. I think there was actually a study done about kids eating dirt, or getting their hands dirty, and its correlation to overall healthiness. Dirty kids won.

Oops, veered recklessly off topic again. Sorry. Nuerotransmitters must be out of balance more than usual today.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
With the exception of raw chicken, fecal matter, and people spitting/hacking/sneezing/picking their nose, and blood that doesn't belong to anyone in my immediate gene pool, I don't really care that much about germs.

I've drunk out of many a hose, hand, natural body of water (how I've escaped Giardia is beyond me), street fountain, carton, someone else's drink etc.

Pretty ridiculous how germaphobic we are as a society, yet ignore the basics - Canoehead plans to take her kids into the backyard and rub them with dirt on a regular basis to combat all the "antibacterial" crap in our lives, but they will still be required to wash their hands before eating and after the restroom.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
A friend traveled with me overseas and started freaking out, overusing hand sanitzer. Really over-using that stuff. He is now addicted to it and catches almost every common cold that the wind blows......as well as bronchial bacterium, too.