• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
beach seekers gets high marks but wow they take 28% if they rent it. i'm sorry in todays competititve environment were many people are demanding discounts its going to be very tough to make money giving away 28%.

Not true. They get 25% if rented through them, and 10% if the rental is acquired through VRBO.

Not to mention that if renters damage your property, Beach Seekers compensates for the costs of the damage, whereas other rental managment companies shrug their shoulders and say that damage is just the cost of doing rentals.

Beach Seekers is the best.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
beach seekers gets high marks but wow they take 28% if they rent it. i'm sorry in todays competititve environment were many people are demanding discounts its going to be very tough to make money giving away 28%.

Let them demand, it's the people allowing it to be some sort of prerequisite to a rental that perpetuate the idea that you should hold out for a discount. I even know some owners who have upped their rates so if someone wants to haggle they are still getting their base.

Not true. They get 25% if rented through them, and 10% if the rental is acquired through VRBO.

Not to mention that if renters damage your property, Beach Seekers compensates for the costs of the damage, whereas other rental managment companies shrug their shoulders and say that damage is just the cost of doing rentals.

Beach Seekers is the best.

Do they go after the renter or are they filing on your insurance?

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
www.GetawayAssist.com has a great concept. You can advertise and self-manage your property through their site and then sign up with one of the local concierge companies such as Aaron at 30A-Services, www.30a-services.com/ or Jim at Swantree Concierge, www.swantreeflorida.com/ and they handle your guests needs while the guest is visiting your property. Their charges vary depending on the amount of service provided but is generally between 8-18% .. a lot cheaper than a typical property management company, and they do an outstanding job of overseeing your property.

Last edited:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Do they go after the renter or are they filing on your insurance?

No, they go after the renter. No $$$ out of my pocket. They just replaced a bedroom door for us. Don't ask...I don't want to know! :blink:

That would have been hard if I had been self managing. I've tried it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
No, they go after the renter. No $$$ out of my pocket. They just replaced a bedroom door for us. Don't ask...I don't want to know! :blink:

That would have been hard if I had been self managing. I've tried it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Sounds like they have the guest pay a damage waiver for any "accidental" damage .. GetawayAssist offers the same thing.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Sounds like they have the guest pay a damage waiver for any "accidental" damage .. GetawayAssist offers the same thing.

Does GetawayAssist actually offer rental management services, or is it basically a rental-by-owner web site? Who handles the funds?