• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lorraine Sloan

Beach Crab
Apr 2, 2010
Hello From GetawayAssist

Hello SoWal,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lorraine Sloan, CEO of GetawayAssist. GetawayAssist is a brand new venture--it only officially launched a couple of months ago. It has been operating at a reduced level of functionality as we worked out operational details, but is now about to ramp up to full throttle over the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by ShallowsNole
Does GetawayAssist actually offer rental management services, or is it basically a rental-by-owner web site?
GetawayAssist is not a property management company, but it is a little different than a basic rent-by-owner site, as there are some features which differentiate it from VRBO and similar sites. GetawayAssist is meant to provide owners with not just another website on which to advertise, but also tools and tutorials on how to self-manage. Self-management is not as hard as some might think, but it also is not for everyone. If an owner does not wish to self-manage they can still advertise on the site and simply list their management company or agent’s contact info instead of their own. Also, owner’s can alternatively sign up with one of the “concierge” services we are partnering with (30-A Services or Swantree Concierge) to handle certain aspects of management.

Originally Posted by ShallowsNole
Who handles the funds?
It depends. GetawayAssist allows an owner to set up their property for online booking if they wish to do so. If a reservation is made using the online facility, the funds are first posted to a GetawayAssist account and they are then distributed to the owner minus a processing fee and the sales/bed taxes. GetawayAssist then remits the sales/bed taxes to the Florida Department of Revenue and Walton County Clerk of Courts on the owner’s behalf.

If, however, the owner books the reservation manually rather than online, and takes the payment directly, then GetawayAssist never sees the funds, takes no processing fee, and the owner is expected to pay whatever sales taxes are owed. We do provide owners with a tutorial (including examples and links to both official forms and governmental agencies) on how to register, collect and remit sales taxes.

Feel free to check us out at www.GetawayAssist.com, but please remember—as I said above we are still operating at less than 100% functionality. We will be gradually enabling the rest of it over the next 10 days or so. I will make a more formal posting on SoWal once we are fully up and running. However, since our name has come up on this forum a time or two I wanted to make a quick introduction.

Thanks everyone,
[FONT=&quot]Lorraine [/FONT]

Last edited:

tralman

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2008
Sunburst handles ours & does a fantastic job. We are very happy with Payson, Steve, and their terrific staff.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hello SoWal,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lorraine Sloan, CEO of GetawayAssist. GetawayAssist is a brand new venture--it only officially launched a couple of months ago. It has been operating at a reduced level of functionality as we worked out operational details, but is now about to ramp up to full throttle over the next couple of weeks.

GetawayAssist is not a property management company, but it is a little different than a basic rent-by-owner site, as there are some features which differentiate it from VRBO and similar sites. GetawayAssist is meant to provide owners with not just another website on which to advertise, but also tools and tutorials on how to self-manage. Self-management is not as hard as some might think, but it also is not for everyone. If an owner does not wish to self-manage they can still advertise on the site and simply list their management company or agent?s contact info instead of their own. Also, owner?s can alternatively sign up with one of the ?concierge? services we are partnering with (30-A Services or Swantree Concierge) to handle certain aspects of management.

It depends. GetawayAssist allows an owner to set up their property for online booking if they wish to do so. If a reservation is made using the online facility, the funds are first posted to a GetawayAssist account and they are then distributed to the owner minus a processing fee and the sales/bed taxes. GetawayAssist then remits the sales/bed taxes to the Florida Department of Revenue and Walton County Clerk of Courts on the owner?s behalf.

If, however, the owner books the reservation manually rather than online, and takes the payment directly, then GetawayAssist never sees the funds, takes no processing fee, and the owner is expected to pay whatever sales taxes are owed. We do provide owners with a tutorial (including examples and links to both official forms and governmental agencies) on how to register, collect and remit sales taxes.

Feel free to check us out at www.GetawayAssist.com, but please remember?as I said above we are still operating at less than 100% functionality. We will be gradually enabling the rest of it over the next 10 days or so. I will make a more formal posting on SoWal once we are fully up and running. However, since our name has come up on this forum a time or two I wanted to make a quick introduction.

Thanks everyone,
[FONT=&quot]Lorraine [/FONT]

Oh heck. I know y'all well; just the different name confused me. :wave: