• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hokay, so who else is into March Madness?

Gators failed last night.:bang:Georgia Tech had a big win. Word in the media is that Hewitt is out.

Lady D, I'll bet you are watching UK vs. UT right now. You gotta know I'm not rooting for UT ;-), and I know you must be happy that the Gators lost.:wave: (It be otay). I just hope that the Gators get invited to the big dance. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

It's smackdown time.:D Wish we could go back to 2006 and 2007.:sosad:

Are Big D and I the only ones into this? HellOOOOOOOOO out there. :wave: A lot of you have a dog in this fight -- DestinScuba, SWGB, OL, ShallowsNole, Miss K, Mermy, ...

Lady D, you actually have a dog (Smokey) in this fight.;-)

Whatever. I just submitted my brackets. It's nerve-wracking, especially since the first game is the Gators today at 12:20 EDT. Hope the Gators get at least one W, but right now BYU is favored by 4. :eek:

EDIT: Upset that Gators were upset. :sosad: At least they did well enough that it was a double OT. The final score wasn't indicative of how they played. It was close, they were out of time, one starter had fouled out and another was injured. Then the death spiral occurred.

Just hope Duke gets to the Final Four. I picked GT to lose first round. Can we rewind to 2006 and 2007?;-)

EDIT 2: I picked Murray State to beat Vandy.:D

Last edited:
N. Iowa just fought harder and appeared to want it more. Their hustling was fun to watch. It was a great game. Unfortunately it messed up my brackets because I had picked Kansas to be national champs.

Sorry, DestinScuba. It was hard for me to see the Gators lose in the first round in a double OT. But to see your team, the "number 1 number 1" seed, not make it to Sweet 16 must be very depressing.

EDIT: On cbssportline.com you can watch the games live online. There's only about a one second delay. The coolest thing is that they have a BOSS BUTTON in the upper-left corner of the screen. If you're watching at work and the boss appears, when you press the button, the sound automatically turns off and a screen appears that says "March 2010 Workflow Diagram." :rotfl:

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Congrats to Lady D for her Vols making it to the Elite Eight!:clap:

BTW my brackets stink. I have 570 points, Obama has 590, Dick Vitale has 500 (OOPS!).

Sorry I was not able to get into the bracket stuff this year. I had planned on it but due to the fact that my mom has fallen and broken her pelvis and me having been over there every night since March 12th taking care of my 89 year old father with Alzheimers first while she was in the hospital, now I am still over there 2 1/2 weeks later taking care of both in the evening and at night, I have no computer access as they have no computer, have no newspaper to read either. Sure will be glad when I can go back home to my home and bed and husband. I'm wiped out. :blink:

Sorry I was not able to get into the bracket stuff this year. I had planned on it but due to the fact that my mom has fallen and broken her pelvis and me having been over there every night since March 12th taking care of my 89 year old father with Alzheimers first while she was in the hospital, now I am still over there 2 1/2 weeks later taking care of both in the evening and at night, I have no computer access as they have no computer, have But no newspaper to read either. Sure will be glad when I can go back home to my home and bed and husband. I'm wiped out. :blink:
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can relate. Mom has fallen on three different occasions and has broken both hips and a shoulder. She also has Alzheimer's. Last spring she got a blood clot due to atrial fibrillation, and we were told she would die at any moment. I drove an hour-and-a-half every day to visit her after work, and my brother, sister, and I took turns sleeping on the floor in the hospital room for a month. Then she got better and is in a nursing home an hour away. It is so exhausting to visit her and have a full-time job, but l love her so much that it's worth it.

So I understand how wiped out you must be. Hope she gets well soon.

Still beating Obama and Dick Vitale. I have 650 points.

Big D and I started over today. We're both picking Duke over West Virginia. I'm going Michigan State, and he's going Butler. We are both picking Duke to be National Champs.

How about any of you who are following the tournament? Who are you picking?

Next year for the NCAA bball tourney, as I believe Skunky suggested, I'd like for us to do our picks on ESPN and form a SoWal group. ESPN then keeps all of the stats.