• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
Are unleashed dogs allowed on The Beaches of South Walton? We always have Aris Blue Skies Black Pepper on a leash, as per the contract with her breeder so that she does not become road-kill and via our own rule that she does not intimidate people with her almost 50-pound "peppery" personality.

Pepper does her business in our fenced-in yard. We always bring poop bags with us when she goes to the beach in case she has the urge there.

Recently I saw a lab-mix dog on the beach with no owner in sight. S/he ran around according to his/her own volition and pooped wherever s/he desired.

Dunno what one does about that. :dunno:

Ive seen this too a few times....leashes and permits are required on the beaches last I looked...:dunno:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Welcome to a resort living environment. It's pretty much a tourist mentality thing IMO - I pay's my money and I'll do whatever ....

Um, no one acts like you're nuts. Your points are fair enough...you are just a rude, nasty person who needs to learn how to make your opinion known in a POLITE way...maybe then people wouldn't "get smart" (really?) with you! Just my .02.

Apparently there is something going on here beyond the post itself, but you are wrong that its making an OPINION known. Its not an opinion, its the law that is consistently disregarded. There is quite a big difference between the two and there are far too many dog owners who seem to feel entitled to allow their dogs do whatever they like in public.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
OK, then substitute "fact", "law", "statute", or whatever word you'd like for "opinion"...much of what she says is most certainly an OPINION (though the dog laws are not, I agree).....the point is, she's rude and condescending and Im tiring of hearing her same story over and over and over and over and over and over and over....:cool:

Apparently there is something going on here beyond the post itself, but you are wrong that its making an OPINION known. Its not an opinion, its the law that is consistently disregarded. There is quite a big difference between the two and there are far too many dog owners who seem to feel entitled to allow their dogs do whatever they like in public.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Um, no one acts like you're nuts. Your points are fair enough...you are just a rude, nasty person who needs to learn how to make your opinion known in a POLITE way...maybe then people wouldn't "get smart" (really?) with you! Just my .02.

do you even know me? are you with me when i tell these people it would be very appreciated if they kept their dogs on leashes? i'm a very direct person and very polite. when someone asks for an opinion on something, i answer the question directly...i don't hum and haw like a lot of people who are afraid to say what's on their mind. like it or lump it. speaking of rude and nasty.....

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008

thank you for your support on this issue. i don't know what that poster's problem is. all i ask is that the leash law be enforced and people be considerate of each other.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
OK, then substitute "fact", "law", "statute", or whatever word you'd like for "opinion"...much of what she says is most certainly an OPINION (though the dog laws are not, I agree).....the point is, she's rude and condescending and Im tiring of hearing her same story over and over and over and over and over and over and over....:cool:

speaking of tired of hearing someone go on and on....i really have no idea what your problem is but i hope you get help. i may have touched a nerve in that you are one of the offenders here. how about you just not read my posts...then you will feel so much better.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Why dont we start posting the realtor/rental agencies that tell visitors that "the owner has a permit that covers whoever is using the unit" I know of at least two that are in the practice of doing so.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Geez, CSully, chill already!

This person was simply upset and after lots of frustration, pets being attacked, etc, wanting to make their point. Not rude, or nasty, just making their point! Seems people are too sensitive sometimes, when others voice their opinions, etc.:dunno:As SOWAL members, we should feel that we can express ourselves, right?

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
speaking of tired of hearing someone go on and on....i really have no idea what your problem is but i hope you get help. i may have touched a nerve in that you are one of the offenders here. how about you just not read my posts...then you will feel so much better.

Sounds like a good solution to me....