• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Yes, all must stop for the stop sign, but when a driver stops to put money in, and fails to go when it is his or her turn, that messes up the four way stop system, which causes a cluster and potentially wrecks.

Desso, you stated that they HAVE to do the in-the-road soliciting, because it is a fact. That is not true. There are alternatives, and whether or not they are less profitable is beside the point.

What system are you witnessing at the 3/4 way stop? It seems that it's a gun it when you see it mentality. I've had people cut me off, nearly miss me as they roared through just after me, and of course there's the lovely hand wave cause they're on vacation and following someone.

Honestly the once or twice a year they are out there people seem to behave themselves.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Hey all, The first MDA Boot Drive, will be held April 10th at 393 and 30a, 395 and 30a and Holiday Rd and Scenic Gulf Drive, from 09:00 until 14:00 hours, I mean 2 pm. Sorry I was unable to find a Trooper hat.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
From the SWFD FB site yesterday...

South Walton Professional Firefighters the South Walton Fire District to “Fill the Boot” for MDA and “Jerry’s Kids this Weekend

http://www.facebook.com/editnote.php?draft&note_id=379820803801&id=128568732517#
Members of the Professional Firefighters of South Walton Local #3516 and South Walton Fire District will hit the streets to fill their fire boots with donations to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). Firefighters will collect donations from passersby at the intersections of Gulf and Holiday Rd., Hwy 395-30A, and Hwy 393-30A. Firefighters will staff their posts on April 10th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. Last year, Professional Firefighters of South Walton Local # 3516 and South Walton Fire District raised $7,982 for MDA. This year’s goal is set at $15,000.

Funds raised by the firefighters give MDA, a voluntary health agency, the means to continue providing direct services, research and professional and public health education to children and adults with neuromuscular diseases in Northwest Florida.

MDA medical services are available in the area at HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Panama City for those who are diagnosed with any of the 43 neuromuscular diseases covered by MDA. MDA also provides fun-filled summer camps throughout the region for individuals, ages 6 to 17, with muscular dystrophy. This year’s camp will be August 1-6.

For more information about the “Fill the Boot” campaign or MDA, MDA Tallahassee District office at (850) 681-6763, or visit the Web site at Welcome to MDA, Helping Jerry's Kids.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=-1&auser=0&oid=379596158801&id=128568732517

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
No problem, just watch out!

I have no problem dropping some money in the bucket for a good cause but I think it is a little dangerous to be in the middle of the intersection. Trying to fish 5 bucks out of your pocket while driving is a dangerous combo for the person in the middle of the road. I suggest they stay along the side of the road.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Danger is everywhere. I watched multiple people texting or talking on the phone coming to an intersection, that is why we work intersections, people are already slowing down.