• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Bad Accident on Grayton Road / 98 intersection

Mr. Grayton Girl called me to say he came upon a very bad accident at the Grayton Road / 98 intersection just now. Car overturned, someone lying on the side of the road. He called 911 and they are on the way. No police there yet.

This is the 2nd accident he has witnessed (and called 911 about) in the last half hour. He had called earlier to tell me about one on back beach 98 in Panama City Beach.

Please, everyone, be careful out there!!

Last edited:

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
My word. I had grayt plans for me and my family bicycling along the bike path to Gayton for lunch. Then Gulf Place for ice cream. Exploring all the wonderful places to eat along 30a.(in the car I m not that big of a cyclist) After these last few days if we make it to the rental alive. I think we will lock ourselves inside and stay.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
My friend and I were just commenting that we wondered why anyone would want to come here a second time, with the vehicular traffic and the bike traffic what it has been this week! or, if we did come we would either stay in the rental or on the beach--the roads are too dangerous.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
My friend and I were just commenting that we wondered why anyone would want to come here a second time, with the vehicular traffic and the bike traffic what it has been this week! or, if we did come we would either stay in the rental or on the beach--the roads are too dangerous.

Maybe this is way too old fashioned, but when we went to the beach as kids, the idea was to go down to the BEACH. I don't remember ever driving around. We went out to eat maybe one night out of a two-week stay, and ate at the cottage the rest of the time. We played in the water and the sand, took afternoon naps, played board games, had quiet time. I wonder what folks do now on beach vacations that requires so much car time.

I know, I am hopelessly out of touch, That's fine, I'll stay that way. Here at home on my little quiet narrow dirt road with very little traffic.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Maybe I am just weird.. but I thought "vacation" was all about relaxing, not about how many places I could see/things I could do in one week. I know that while vacationing with inlaws that had the same age children as mine, (but from a different part of the country), they were all about how much stuff can we pack into one week, whereas I always thought, how much of the time could just be spent together. I dont need to ride a bike on every possible inch of bike path, eat at every restaurant, or see every sight to feel like I have "got my moneys worth". When I can come back home and feel relaxed and happy for the time spent with family...then THATS real vacation. And shopping at an "outlet mall" on a rainy day..??? no way!! That would have been the day I just wanted to hang at the condo/house and eat...BBQ, home-made ice cream, fattening chips and dips while either watching the storms or the TV, card or board games..

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
OH but PS to the topic of this thread.. I came across it as they were loading folks into the ambulances and was very upset/worried. Fortunately I work at a place that alot of the WCSO come to eat and the ones I talked to tonight said that they hadnt heard about any fatalities, and that hey thought everyone involved was going to be ok.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Maybe I am just weird.. but I thought "vacation" was all about relaxing, not about how many places I could see/things I could do in one week.

You've obviously never been on a trip with my mother then. Bless her heart, it's schedules and checklists so we don't miss anything that she sees as crucial on a trip.

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
People vacation differently. Neither of them are wrong. If you like to see what different parts of the country are like and have to offer that's okay. I am sure the local folks who feed their families by running a business don't mind us that like to get out a little. I spend most of my time at the beach when I am there. However, I am lucky enough to spend time with my family throughout the year. So if we want to get out a little it does not feel like wasted time. Some people live much busier lives and need to just relax and spend time together. I am very excited that there are beautiful parts of our country where they can do that.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
It has been a bad week for both traffic and accidents. Anyone planning to go north tomorrow should plan ahead. With this many visitors in town we will have the usual Saturday mass exodus as they all leave to go home.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I passed the accident and it looked like they were just doing paperwork. One vehicle was on it's side and the other looked like the front had been torn off. I hope all are okay, but I have a feeling the lesson is to slow down and not challenge traffic lights.