• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Just a thought from a mother abnd grandmother...get fabulouse take outs and have a late afternoon dinner al fresco at Eden, Grayton or on the beach...The kids love it and you can relax

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
As good as the concept is, having a restaurant like this on 30-A would be a nightmare for the restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I have two children and when they were toddlers, I loved taking them to places like this in Atlanta, but having a place like this would be awful for the staff and management. You would have to have the place (play room) staffed, perfectly outfitted, cleaned and sanatized constantly and you would have to have parents sign a waiver stating that they do not hold the restaurant responsible for anything, plus you have the danger of other kids doing harm. I see it as a logistical nightmare from a business point of view. :shock: It would no longer be a restaurant, but a babysitting service. You would have to pay the staff tons of $$ to get them to work there, thus having to charge tons of $$ for food.

PS (Sadly, not all parents are a contentious as you are ;-))

This being said, there is a wonderful spot on 395 which caters to kids more than many restaurants in the area...Pizza By The Sea :love:They have toys for the kids to play with at the table and they have a bit of a play area outside. Good pizza and great people!
^^contentious^^

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
As good as the concept is, having a restaurant like this on 30-A would be a nightmare for the restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I have two children and when they were toddlers, I loved taking them to places like this in Atlanta, but having a place like this would be awful for the staff and management. You would have to have the place (play room) staffed, perfectly outfitted, cleaned and sanatized constantly and you would have to have parents sign a waiver stating that they do not hold the restaurant responsible for anything, plus you have the danger of other kids doing harm. I see it as a logistical nightmare from a business point of view. :shock: It would no longer be a restaurant, but a babysitting service. You would have to pay the staff tons of $$ to get them to work there, thus having to charge tons of $$ for food.

This being said, there is a wonderful spot on 395 which caters to kids more than many restaurants in the area...Pizza By The Sea :love:They have toys for the kids to play with at the table and they have a bit of a play area outside. Good pizza and great people!

Glad you posted this Ali.
Plus, I can't imagine what a restaurant's liability insurance premiums could run up to even with a signed hold harmless waiver.

Shells

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2010
I don't know about the liability part for this owner, but I do understand the liability concern for owners.

At this restaurant, there wasn't any staff in the kids room. The room was among the tables so parents could watch their own kids. There was a sanitized gel container in the room for kids/parents to use, and there were no waivers or sign in sheets. You just simply let your kids go in if you wanted them to. The room was kept organized and clean between kids going in and out.

I can't speak from a restaurant owner's perspective having never been one; however, if it can work for this restaurant owner, I don't see why it couldn't work for others.

I think sometimes people can get too fearful about doing things. I'm sure the very first restaurant owner to exist had to overcome some fears (either his/her own or other people) of liability if someone choked on their food or fell over a chair.

It can work if it matters enough to people. Whether there are people here who would want to make it work is the question.

Thanks for your thoughts.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I don't know about the liability part for this owner, but I do understand the liability concern for owners.

At this restaurant, there wasn't any staff in the kids room. The room was among the tables so parents could watch their own kids. There was a sanitized gel container in the room for kids/parents to use, and there were no waivers or sign in sheets. You just simply let your kids go in if you wanted them to. The room was kept organized and clean between kids going in and out.

I can't speak from a restaurant owner's perspective having never been one; however, if it can work for this restaurant owner, I don't see why it couldn't work for others.

I think sometimes people can get too fearful about doing things. I'm sure the very first restaurant owner to exist had to overcome some fears (either his/her own or other people) of liability if someone choked on their food or fell over a chair.

It can work if it matters enough to people. Whether there are people here who would want to make it work is the question.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't think the VERY FIRST OWNER of anything had to deal with the litigious folks and shark attorneys of today's society.
You're obviously a lovely person inside and out that anyone would welcome into their establishment. And I'm certain you will be a whole hearted success when you open your very own child friendly restaurant because you want to make it work.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
You're obviously a lovely person inside and out that anyone would welcome into their establishment. And I'm certain you will be a whole hearted success when you open your very own child friendly restaurant because you want to make it work.
Smashing idea! :D