• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
CB Richard Ellis to market first 1,000 acres of mixed-use property

Jacksonville, FL - April 12, 2010 - The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) today announced the launch of VentureCrossings Enterprise Centre at West Bay, Florida. VentureCrossings, one of the nation's largest, most unique office, retail, hotel and industrial developments, encompasses the first 1,000 acres to be developed by St. Joe within the 75,000-acre West Bay Sector Plan adjacent to the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport opening in May.

The new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is the first international airport built in the United States in the last 15 years, replacing the existing Panama City - Bay County International Airport. St. Joe donated 4,000 acres within its West Bay Sector Plan for the construction of the new airport.

VentureCrossings includes approximately 100 acres designated for retail, office and hotel uses, approximately 300 acres for light industrial uses, and approximately 600 acres for manufacturing, distribution and logistics companies seeking "through the fence" access to the new airport's 10,000-foot runway.

Within VentureCrossings, St. Joe is developing an approximately 50,000 square foot Class A multi-tenant office building with construction beginning later this year. The Company is relocating its corporate headquarters, currently in Jacksonville, Florida, to this multi-tenant building by the summer of 2011. The new offices will provide St. Joe with a location central to its numerous residential communities and commercial properties, as well as its lands slated for new business and development opportunities in the region.

"VentureCrossings is an unparalleled greenfield site and a unique multi-modal opportunity for expanding businesses interested in air, land and sea access," said Kevin Johnson, St. Joe's Vice President of Economic Development. "Because of our region's strong military presence and transportation assets, West Bay is an ideal growth area for industries including aerospace, defense, renewable energy and logistics services."

Northwest Florida already has seven military installations and research institutions, including Tyndall and Eglin Air Force Bases. The region is also home to over 1,900 aerospace and defense businesses, in addition to a well-trained workforce that includes military personnel, veterans and retirees.

St. Joe has engaged CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc., the world's largest commercial real estate services firm, to help attract VentureCrossings' first retail, office and industrial occupants for this prime development location.

"VentureCrossings is an exceptional location for companies requiring large capacity and room for expansion with proximity to the new international airport, the deepwater port at Port Panama City, rail and highway connections, and an attractive quality of life," said Robert McFarlane, Senior Vice President, CB Richard Ellis Global Corporate Services. "We believe VentureCrossings will attract companies seeking to benefit from the 'blank canvas' this major new commercial development represents."

For more information on VentureCrossings, visit www.venturecrossingsfl.com.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Thanks. Do you know how their baggage will connect?

That's a sticky wicket. Southwest, to the best of my knowledge, does not have connecting baggage agreements with other airlines. That's part of the low cost business model. If that, in fact, true, the bags will have to be claimed in Orlando and rechecked with Southwest.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
That's a sticky wicket. Southwest, to the best of my knowledge, does not have connecting baggage agreements with other airlines. That's part of the low cost business model. If that, in fact, true, the bags will have to be claimed in Orlando and rechecked with Southwest.

How far is the Southwest terminal from arriving/departing international flights. Will be curious to see what the real process is. Will customs be handled in Orlando or West Bay or both?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I caught part of a radio ad this morning touting the new airport/Southwest and it sounded like they have added more new routes - Chicago Midway and another I didn't catch were mentioned in addition to Nashville, Baltimore, Houston, and Orlando.

P.S. Other airlines should take note - I am just one of the people loving their new ad campaign about "take my bag, not my money."

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
How far is the Southwest terminal from arriving/departing international flights. Will be curious to see what the real process is. Will customs be handled in Orlando or West Bay or both?

Dunno...:dunno:

Looks like Lufthansa comes into gates 60-99 on the B terminal and SW uses gates 100-129 on the A terminal...

http://www.orlandoairports.net/images/flash/wayfinding_maps.swf

Here are the international arrival procedures...

Orlando International Airport (MCO) - Arrivals Guide

From what I can see on Flyertalk.com and Lufthansa.com, there is not an agreement between the two airlines which means that they will have to claim their bags and recheck them with SW. I can't find anything concrete, but all indicators point that way.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I thought the whole point was to have customs in PCB. :dunno:

Typically you arrive, go through passport control, collect your luggage, go through declarations, then recheck your luggage for domestic screening and go through security again yourself.

Or, if you are like me, you clear passport control and find an airline rep waiting to tell you that your luggage is in a different country/continent and it gets delivered several days later. :roll:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I thought the whole point was to have customs in PCB. :dunno:

Typically you arrive, go through passport control, collect your luggage, go through declarations, then recheck your luggage for domestic screening and go through security again yourself.

They will have Customs at the new airport. That's why "international" is in the name. You can fly directly into the existing airport, today, from an international location, but you have to wait for Customs to come over from the Port of Panama City to clear you, your airplane, and the luggage. When an airport has "international" as part of the name, all that means is that there is onsite Customs available.

HelenM

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2008
I compared a southwest flight with a delta flight from Detroit to the new Panama City airport. The southwest flight was about $350 and the Delta was about $370 - not much difference, but I hope there are sales. Delta's flight into Fort Walton Beach was $450. So, the new airport will be making it less expensive to get to SoWal. I will be looking for sales for sure.

Even if there isn't much of a difference in the ticket price, remember that Southwest doesn't charge for 2 bags per passenger, while the other airlines do.