• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Fact: Chat. Tenn. Has a pop of about 200,000 with 21% living at a poverty level. Sounds like a place public trans should go well if paid by gov.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Guru is not my competitor. We move in different circles. I was involved in Aspen col attempt by the largest transportation comp in town in the early 80s to start a private shuttle. It was a miserable failure. I watched st Louis start their program. They ende up paying first time passengers. It's gurus money, not mine!

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Guru is not my competitor. We move in different circles. I was involved in Aspen col attempt by the largest transportation comp in town in the early 80s to start a private shuttle. It was a miserable failure. I watched st Louis start their program. They ende up paying first time passengers. It's gurus money, not mine![/QUOTE]

Sorry, your first post sounded a little whiney.
My thoughts exactly. If the guy wants to run a trolley I'm all for it. I do think that it will work at least for a couple of months out of the year.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Just cur, I'm just curious, would open a buisness here that survival depended on a couple of months a year? My buisness will not fail due to a shuttle. In fact it will prosper. My objection would be for my tax money assisting it at this time.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I am all for a PRIVATELY run shuttle.. but since I have been (and still am) living on a dirt road in SOWAL for over 20 years I think that we need to address THAT problem before they start spending MY tax dollars on a shuttle that will only run along 30A.

Last edited:

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Just cur, I'm just curious, would open a buisness here that survival depended on a couple of months a year? My buisness will not fail due to a shuttle. In fact it will prosper. My objection would be for my tax money assisting it at this time.

The guy has a successful business already. This would just be another option he offers. If he wants to run two months a year, great. I also agree that if they put public funds towards this that we need to make sure we are ready for it and can support it, but I did not see where they said that in the article. This is a private business endeavor at this point, at least based on this article. Has the county said they are funding this?

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I don't agree with public funds at all. A user fee and advertisment sales would do nicely. Maybe "stops" sponsored by interested business would also bring revenue. I would hope the vehicle wouldn't be an eyesore like that drunk bus thing parked in SGB too. I would probably use the trolley though, parking can be a pain and I think it would be neat.

Just keep my "public funds" out of it and wait for my tokens. :)

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Just curious, the article said nothing about public funding but said "friends of 30a" ( the Santa rosa beach and country club) are supporting him. "the friends" are the ones who just paid for the trial shuttle day a few weeks ago. At that time there was discussion about public money.
We might be getting back doored!