• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I'm getting my wife one of the above for her birthday (she knows...it's not a surprise). I have done a lot of research on them, but just can't reach a conclusion on which one to get.

One major factor is network coverage along 30A and up the 331 corridor to Freeport. She'll be using it as a work phone, so it NEEDS good connectivity. The IPhone uses AT&T. The Nexus One is open, so it can use anyone--I'm hearing good things about Verizon.

Any opinions? On either the phones, or the networks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
we had a terrible experience with verizon...switched to ATT/iphone...life is much better.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Well, I've had both and I stuck with iPhone. AT&T's 3G signal is very strong all along 98, in FWB, PCB etc. It does go away north of the bridge but you do have Edge up in the Freeport area. What I do like about AT&T's signal is that is seems much stronger that Verizon's when you are inside of a building. I will qualify that by saying that I stay in the high school all say and my life basically is between SGB and SWHS. So, take it for what it's worth. I do know that most of the peeps who have Verizon indside of the school have little or no signal.

guitarguy

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2010
I had Alltel for YEARS, then Verizon took over, gag! The first time I had to actually talk to a person was my last, because their customer service is the WORST. I'm with AT&T using the iPhone now and couldn't be happier, and have had NO issues with signal either. Not to mention being able to talk and surf the web!