• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Publix has killer benefits by retail big box standards. Their stock program has been extremely lucrative for long term employees over the years.

Publix Careers - Our Benefits

Benefits

Benefits

When you become a Walmart associate, you can take advantage of a variety of benefits for you and your family, including:
Health & Wellness Benefits

• Comprehensive Medical Coverage with no lifetime maximum
    • 80% coverage for eligible services
    • Preventive care includes an annual checkup for each covered family member, immunizations for children up to age 18, and more
    • Pharmacy benefits coverage includes $4 generics, brand name and specialty drugs
    • Ask Mayo Clinic Nurse Line ? a free, confidential 24-hour nurse line
    • Life with Baby Maternity Program is a free voluntary wellness program to help from pre-conception through early child development with your own registered nurse
  • Dental Insurance
  • Resources For Living? -- a confidential counseling and health information service that?s free to all associates. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
  • Business Travel Accident Insurance
  • Associate Eyewear Program
  • Company-paid life insurance and Business Travel Accident insurance
  • Financial planning guidance and will preparation
  • Optional life and dependent life insurance
  • Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
  • Critical illness and accident insurance
  • Short- and long-term disability coverage
  • Illness Protection (sick time)
Financial Benefits

• Associate Stock Purchase Plan with a company match of 15% up to the first $1,800 purchased each Plan year
  • Retirement Account Rollover
  • Associate Discounts provides all associates have access to more than 250 discounts on good and services, including movie tickets, sports entertainment, fitness center memberships and more
  • Bereavement and Jury Duty Time-off
  • Military Differential Pay
  • Associate Discount Card for Walmart associates, their spouses and dependents. Receive a 10% discount on regular priced general merchandise and fresh produce purchased at a Walmart store.
  • Sam?s Club Associate memberships for Sam?s Club associates
  • Paid Holidays, Vacation Time and Personal Time
  • Walmart Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan
Email
icon_print.jpg
Print
icon-pdf20.gif
Save
icon_minus.jpg
icon_plus.jpg
Font Size
icon_share.jpg

Median Hourly Rate by Job
Employer: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc

Median-Hourly-Rate-by-Job---Employer-Wal-Mart-Stores-Inc-United-States_V_USD_20100415052517-v2.0.jpg
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 15 Apr 2010 | Individuals Reporting: 4,132

This chart displays Median Hourly Rate by Job for Employer: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Get your own personalized salary report in just five minutes by filling out our simple survey.
rc_icons_charts01.gif
Hourly Rate Chart

Median Hourly Rate by Job
Employer: Publix Super Markets Inc

Median-Hourly-Rate-by-Job---Employer-Publix-Super-Markets-Inc-United-States_V_USD_20100413035630-v2.0.jpg

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Interesting stat on how typical it is for each employer to shift the burden of employee health insurance onto taxpayers in assorted states. In Georgia:

Powered by Google Docs

And the ratio of children participating in PeachCare per number of employees was far greater for Wal- Mart than for the three next highest-ranked employers. Wal-Mart had
approximately one child in PeachCare for every four workers (that is, 10,261 children and 42,000 workers in Georgia). For Publix Supermarkets, the ratio was one child in PeachCare for every 22 employees; for Shaw Industries, it was one child for every 30 employees; and for Mohawk, it was one child for every 26 employees.

So the kids of a Walmart employee are four times more likely to end up needing government assistance for health care than the kids of a Publix employee.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Been in that situation. It's Sunday, a beautiful day and I'm all set to ride my bike along 30A. I go into the garage and see that one of my bike tires is flat, and I need a new tube. It's Sunday, so the much revered and worshipped local bike shops are closed. So now I have to drive all the way to Destin because there are no local stores that you can depend on to get some of life's basic essentials on the spot. Too bad, you snooze, you lose. Look forward to the local Wal-Mart.:wave:

OR you go to Yellowfin or one of the other bike rental places who help you out. :roll:

They have filled my tires and fixed stuff on my bike many times on a Sunday.

I really don't have a problem with a local business not being at my beck and call 24/7 - especially when they typically work more than 40 hours a week and on major holidays.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Interesting stat on how typical it is for each employer to shift the burden of employee health insurance onto taxpayers in assorted states. In Georgia: