• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

YellowDog

Beach Comber
Dec 15, 2005
saw a bluebird out my kitchen window this weekend - rare sight! anybody know a good place to find them?

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Hammock Bay (in Freeport) has many Blue Bird boxes and they are all around. They won't nest in just any box. They like a special size and special size hole. My mom has had a blue bird nesting in her back yard for a long time, in the basketball goal post.

rlesgal

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2009
Freeport
I've put out 3 properly constructed bluebird boxes and they always go to my old mailbox that was thrown on a woodpile. Now it's a permanent structure. Don't care as long as they come back every year - and they have.....love the babies first day of fluffy flight!

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
I've put out 3 properly constructed bluebird boxes and they always go to my old mailbox that was thrown on a woodpile. Now it's a permanent structure. Don't care as long as they come back every year - and they have.....love the babies first day of fluffy flight!

I have seen Bluebirds in Sowal, but (sigh) not in my yard. I think I am too heavily treed for Bluebirds that like more open spaces.

I did see an Indigo Bunting in my front yard the other day -very pretty!

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
I have seen Bluebirds in Sowal, but (sigh) not in my yard. I think I am too heavily treed for Bluebirds that like more open spaces.

I did see an Indigo Bunting in my front yard the other day -very pretty!

Awesome! I'm still waiting and looking for one!