• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shock1939

Beach Crab
Aug 1, 2008
I am looking for a way to get my elderly mother onto the beach. I have heard about beach wheelchairs but have never used one and dont know where to find one. Can someone help?

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
I am looking for a way to get my elderly mother onto the beach. I have heard about beach wheelchairs but have never used one and dont know where to find one. Can someone help?

Contact a lifeguard at one of the public beach accesses or contact the South Walton Fire District and they will accomodate your needs.

www.swfd.org - Beach Safety Tab

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Trained, Certified Lifeguard Tower Locations

starting March 13th and ending the September 26, 2010

Tower 1
South Orange Street Beach Access

SWFD Zone 1 / Inlet Beach

Tower 2
Santa Clara Beach Access
SWFD Zone 2 / Seagrove Beach

Tower 3
Van Ness butler Beach Access

SWFD Zone 2 / Seaside

Tower 4
Blue Mountain Beach Access

SWFD Zone 3 / Blue Mountain Beach

Tower 5
Gulf View Heights Beach Access

SWFD Zone 3 / Santa Rosa Beach

Tower 6
Ed Walline Beach Access

Tower 7
Dune Allen Beach Access

Tower 8
Pompano Joe's Beach Access

SWFD Zone 5 / Miramar Beach

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
My family rented a beach wheelchair for me several years back. I can't remember the name of the the company but do recall it was a general rental place. I will search and see what I can find. another option is to check weith the company you are renting from. I do recall that we that on check out the office who had managed our rental asked my husband about the wheelchair rental telling him they often had renters asking about wheel chair rentals and they would like to put the information on file for future renters. The beach wheelchair was difficult to manage in the sand but my family was determined to get me to the beach...Good luck...

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Did a search for beach wheelchair rental Destin Florida and got a link to 30-A Bike rentals. I now recall this is where we rented. You can call them at 850- 865-7433. Enjoy the beautiful beach and tell you Mother to put her toes in the sand...it does me good

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
The South Walton Fire District, in partnership with the Walton County Tourist Development Council, has developed a program that provides three beach wheelchairs, strategically located along the Beaches of South Walton, to improve access to the beach. The wheelchairs were purchased by the TDC and the program is administered by the SWFD Beach Safety Division.

The wheelchairs, constructed from stainless steel tubing with large bubble tires that allow the chair to traverse the soft sand, will be located at the following beach accesses, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from April through September:
  • Pompano Joe's (Miramar Beach)
  • Ed Walline Park (Santa Rosa Beach
  • Bramble Grove (Seagrove Beach)

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Bramble Grove is a great little park access and I've seen the lifeguards there helping folks with the beach wheelchair. It's right there on the somewhat west side of Seagrove but you do have to be looking for the entrance into the park as it kind of looks like the entrance into a private neighborhood when you first see it.

disco

Beach Comber
Mar 9, 2009
Grayton beach state park has one next to their handycap parking. It looks like it is free, the only thing is that it is not motorized.